Image & Video Galleries > Canon EF Prime Lenses

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake"

(1/53) > >>

dr croubie:
Well, this has got to be the quickest announcement->lens gallery thread ever, because I know some of you already have one (myself included).
Unfortunately I only bought it this afternoon after work, it's pitch black outside, so I can't show any photos with it (without taking shots of my messy, messy house), so here's some shots of it.

It really is tiny.

Pictured next to:
The similarly-sized Kenko Pro 300 DG 1.4x Teleconverter and 12mm extension tube. (for the record I think the rear element might *just* touch the teleconverter, but i'm not going to try it before I've even used it)
The similarly-priced and focal-length EF 50mm f/1.8 II and Asahi Pentax Takumar 50mm f/1.4.
The nothing-similar EF 70-300L and my 'alternative' street-lens Rokinon/Samyang 35 f/1.4.

briansquibb:
here is a picture taken by a shorty forty

distant.star:

Thanks, Brian. Reassuring to see it delivers that kind of IQ.

Looking forward to delivery on my "preorder."

aloper:
Has anyone received their pre-orders from B+H on the 40mm yet? Based on something I saw in another post, I just searched Best Buy and three stores in my area say they have it in stock...I don't like dealing with BB but I'm tempted to stop by and pick one up and cancel my B+H order...

drjlo:
Could the 40mm owners post some "bokeh shots" wide open with busy/complex backgrounds?  TIA. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version