August 20, 2014, 05:30:35 AM

Author Topic: New Product Announcement Invites for July 23, 2012  (Read 15381 times)

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: New Product Announcement Invites for July 23, 2012
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
I think they need an entry-level full-frame to compete with Nikon's rumored D600 (which is looking more like reality and less like rumor).  I would like to see something like a "T4i-but-with-a-full-frame".  In fact, I think something like that would make a great 70D.

oh boy let the "xxD shall always be APS-C",  games begin!  again.   SuperC142 I don't for a moment fault you for expressing this in a rumors forum; let opinions ring, along with freedom :D   just be prepared;  just sayin...  :P

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »

SuperC142

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
haha- thanks for the warning.  I hate to start a big (recurring?) battle!  I figured that if xD can have a crop (7D), why can't xxD have full?  To be honest though, I don't care what they call it.  I just don't want to have to spend $3500 to avoid multiplying by 1.6.   ;)

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »
"
  • has a new type of mount and that Canon will provide an adapter for EF lenses (that was already considered to be most probable, nothing really new here)
  • features an APS-C sized sensor and not the sensor of the PowerShot G1 X (most of us thought it would have this sensor)
– This is a new rumoured spec of Canon’s mirrorless camera, and – I guess – a very welcome one (if true)"

If this source is trustable: http://www.canonwatch.com/rumor-canon-mirrorless-system-camera-quick-update/...

I think that the direction in which Canon moves in respect of sensor size will be determined by economics: There is a trade off between the smaller area of the 1.5" sensor against the already huge volumes of APS-C EOS DSLRs that Canon produces.  Which ever yields the cheaper design will probably be the route that Canon takes.
Depending how committed Canon is to the G1X, they still have to produce the 1.5" format sensor going forward anyhow.
Going for APS-C has the advantage of the fact that Canon usually has at least 2 APS-C sensors in production - providing sensors for models with different market positioning.

A different approach to just using 1 sensor format would be to use an APS-C sensor for the higher end models, and a smaller sensor (such as that used by the Nikon 1 system) for lower end models, while retaining the same lens mount - the same way there are APS-C, APS-H (that mention is for wickidwombat) and full frame EOS DSLRs.
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

Rocky

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 02:12:28 AM »
So far we do not have any data on how good (accuracy and speed) of the AF phase detector on the T4i. If it is good enough, it will be a logical choice for the mirroless. Then Canon doe not need to build a new sensor the mirrorless. It will save Canon a lot of money. It it is not good enough, then Canon will need a NEW sensor for the mirrorless regardless what the size will be. Canon CANNOT afford to have a mirrorless with slow AF. Nikon 1 and the Olympus OM-D have already claimed to have the AF speed of DSLR. If Canon has a slow AF, no body  will buy it.

pakosouthpark

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »
I think they need an entry-level full-frame to compete with Nikon's rumored D600 (which is looking more like reality and less like rumor).  I would like to see something like a "T4i-but-with-a-full-frame".  In fact, I think something like that would make a great 70D.

canon must release some more info about this entry level full frame soon. other wise nikon d600 will be a hit! depending when it will be released it will sell a lot! even though i am a canon fan i would make the switch if canon doesnt release another FF before september..

Astro

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 05:35:25 AM »
so the canon mirrorless will be aps-c..... nice.

i don´t mind if it´s a bit bigger then m43 cameras.
my m43 cameras are not really "pockable" either.

i trade that for a bigger sensor any time.

now imagine canon would mean a FF mirrorless when they talk about the professionell mirrorless they will release later. :)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:38:27 AM by Astro »

Astro

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 05:41:04 AM »
Alright fellow Canonites! Prepare for some more disappointment. 8)

try to make some photos with your gear and stop thinking about more gear.. :) that would be something.

Seeing your portfolio would be something.  ;D

not when it´s as boring as yours. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 05:41:04 AM »

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
Alright fellow Canonites! Prepare for some more disappointment. 8)

try to make some photos with your gear and stop thinking about more gear.. :) that would be something.

Seeing your portfolio would be something.  ;D

not when it´s as boring as yours. :)

Oh, did I hurt you astro? That's ok if you don't want to show us, we know its probably full of test charts anyway.  :)

samirachiko

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »

oh boy let the "xxD shall always be APS-C",  games begin!  again.   SuperC142 I don't for a moment fault you for expressing this in a rumors forum; let opinions ring, along with freedom :D   just be prepared;  just sayin...  :P

If there will be a cheap FF it will be the 6D!!!  "6D" is the only name that make sense!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »