July 25, 2014, 12:01:12 PM

Author Topic: Carnival Street Party  (Read 1175 times)

Wilmark

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Wilmark Johnatty Photography
Carnival Street Party
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
Street Carnival in one of the biggest carnival (mardi gras) events in the world. These pictures were taken there in 2011. Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago is the most significant event on the islands' cultural and tourism calendar, with numerous cultural events running in the lead up to the street parade on Carnival Monday and Tuesday.

http://www.wilmark.johnatty.com/p489035842

I am interested in seeing any other Carnival/Mardi gras Events In other parts of the world and how a photographer should capture it. I was having a conversation with other photographers that lamnted that this culturally significant event was reduced to women in gstrings and a few feathers.

canon rumors FORUM

Carnival Street Party
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Carnival Street Party
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
Wow some great shots there this must be like a portrait photographer mecca i'd love to go there to shoot one day
APS-H Fanboy

Wilmark

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Wilmark Johnatty Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
Yes its really a great time to be a photographer all the women usually too shy all year round pose willingly for the camera with the hope of it being in the newspapers and online. However its too much and tiring for the two days. However, many critics believe that it has become too much about skimpy women posing in feathers and beads, so photo /video journalism has taken a backseat the this type of material. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »