April 17, 2014, 12:33:49 AM

Author Topic: Canon USA August Rebates  (Read 5643 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon USA August Rebates
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »

Lens Rebates!

Canon USA has started new rebates on lenses and Speedlites for at least the month of August. You can visit our Pricewatch pages to see the current price, rebate amount and stock status.

Prime Lenses | Zoom Lenses | Macro Lenses | Tilt Shift Lenses | Teleconverters | Speedlites

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon USA August Rebates
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »

DzPhotography

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon USA August Rebates
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
Why not over here?  >:(
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
I can't tell you why there are no rebates "Over Here", wherever that it, but it is dependent on the way Canon is organized.
Canon sales are broken into different regions with each region being a separate profit center.  This means that each region has separate management and policies as well as prices.  Each region tries to meet their quota for sales, cash flow, and profit.  Sometimes, sales slow down, so a rebate might increase sales and cash flow.  Profit may or may not be increased.  Selling 3 lenses at a $100 profit makes more money than selling one for $200 profit, so the trick is to have a small price cut and triple the sales.
There is a danger, buyers come to hold off on purchases waiting for a rebate.  This can play havoc with sales and inventory levels, and can result in shortages as production slows down and then a buying spurt uses up the inventory.
Different regions have their own managemt who manage the business in their own way.  As long as they meet their goals, Canon is happy.
However, you can bet that no one is meeting their goals.  Global sales are slow, and sales in the US and Canada seem to respond well to the rebates.

replay0

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
It says Amazon has the 24-70L 2.8 II in stock??

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »
A rebate on the ST-E3-RT already?   I'm still waiting for Amazon to get them in stock to fill my preorder.  Got such a good price (even lower than the rebate) I dont want to cancel and order elsewhere.   

deaners

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
So I just purchased the 600EX-RT from Amazon.com on Friday (8/9) and then I see this.  Does anyone know if Canon will give some wiggle room for purchases within a few days from the start of the rebate program? 

KitsVancouver

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »
A rebate on the ST-E3-RT already?   I'm still waiting for Amazon to get them in stock to fill my preorder.  Got such a good price (even lower than the rebate) I dont want to cancel and order elsewhere.

I don't see any rebate amount on the ST-E3.  Do you see information somewhere that lists the rebate amount off of the ST-E3? 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »

RC

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »

I don't see any rebate amount on the ST-E3.  Do you see information somewhere that lists the rebate amount off of the ST-E3?

Hmmmm, I think you are correct, I just skimmed the list quickly and looked at the dealer prices (was rushed since I was boarding a plane).    It does make sense that there is not a rebate. 

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »
Canon sales are broken into different regions with each region being a separate profit center.  This means that each region has separate management and policies as well as prices.

... which is also their excuse as to why certain countries get shafted on prices, why warranties only count locally not globally, and why only locally-bought (with associated inflated prices) units count towards CPS memberships.
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

DzPhotography

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »
I can't tell you why there are no rebates "Over Here", wherever that it, but it is dependent on the way Canon is organized.
Canon sales are broken into different regions with each region being a separate profit center.  This means that each region has separate management and policies as well as prices.  Each region tries to meet their quota for sales, cash flow, and profit.  Sometimes, sales slow down, so a rebate might increase sales and cash flow.  Profit may or may not be increased.  Selling 3 lenses at a $100 profit makes more money than selling one for $200 profit, so the trick is to have a small price cut and triple the sales.
There is a danger, buyers come to hold off on purchases waiting for a rebate.  This can play havoc with sales and inventory levels, and can result in shortages as production slows down and then a buying spurt uses up the inventory.
Different regions have their own managemt who manage the business in their own way.  As long as they meet their goals, Canon is happy.
However, you can bet that no one is meeting their goals.  Global sales are slow, and sales in the US and Canada seem to respond well to the rebates.
No offense, but I know how sales management works  ::) I'm an account manager myself at a multinational during my day job :P I was just expressing my frustration because Canon practically never does such rebate actions over here in Belgium  >:(  :'(
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

almograve

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »
Is it me or the resellers have quickly reverted to the MSRP price has soon as those rebates were out?
I'm looking at a 70-200 ISII and it wasn't at 2499 a couple days ago...actually it was probably 50$ more than it is right now with the 300$ rebate, but not much more...
I'll be in NYC between the 6th and the 11th of September and I kinda hope that the prices will be as low as possible...

trulandphoto

• PowerShot G16
  • Upstate NY attorney and photographer
    • View Profile
    • TrulandPhoto
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »
Picked up a 17-40 yesterday with the $100 discount. Less than $200 more than they're going for on eBay.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
Is it me or the resellers have quickly reverted to the MSRP price has soon as those rebates were out?
I'm looking at a 70-200 ISII and it wasn't at 2499 a couple days ago...actually it was probably 50$ more than it is right now with the 300$ rebate, but not much more...

That's the way it has worked for the past couple of years.  Canon instituted a 'minimum advertised price' policy for authorized retailers, so the true discount with a rebate, relative to the normal street price, isn't as good as it was.

Often, if you buy on the first day of the rebate, some retailers (e.g. Newegg) will apply the rebate to the street price - but you have to act fast to get that deal.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »

zincphoto

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 11:26:56 AM »
That's the way it has worked for the past couple of years.  Canon instituted a 'minimum advertised price' policy for authorized retailers, so the true discount with a rebate, relative to the normal street price, isn't as good as it was.

Often, if you buy on the first day of the rebate, some retailers (e.g. Newegg) will apply the rebate to the street price - but you have to act fast to get that deal.

Same thing happened with the 8-15. Was $1349 at Amazon and BH a few days ago and now is $1349 after the 'instant rebate'($1499-$150= $1349).

If the idea was to motivate people to buy now I can't really say its working with me.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »

Same thing happened with the 8-15. Was $1349 at Amazon and BH a few days ago and now is $1349 after the 'instant rebate'($1499-$150= $1349).

If the idea was to motivate people to buy now I can't really say its working with me.
nice little scam.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »