Image & Video Galleries > 1D X Sample Images

1D X - Memory Cards best burstrate with Lexar and Transcend Cards 400X and 300X

<< < (2/5) > >>

AmbientLight:
Is this a Lexar stockholder reunion or what's up?

If two cards are rated at the same specs, what would be the reason to buy Lexar, if you can get a fully equivalent product from Sandisk for a better price? If Lexar is cheaper, I don't mind buying Lexar, but as long as Sandisk offers for a better price, I am buying theirs. If prices are equal, I won't care either way.

Studio1930:

--- Quote from: AmbientLight on September 25, 2012, 02:21:32 PM ---Is this a Lexar stockholder reunion or what's up?

If two cards are rated at the same specs, what would be the reason to buy Lexar, if you can get a fully equivalent product from Sandisk for a better price? If Lexar is cheaper, I don't mind buying Lexar, but as long as Sandisk offers for a better price, I am buying theirs. If prices are equal, I won't care either way.

--- End quote ---

Lexar was cheaper for me.  Just bought six more 16GB 1000X cards.  They also work better for me as several of my Sandisk cards have died (and lost images) but the Lexar cards have worked perfectly.  Your mileage may vary but the price was cheaper.

AmbientLight:
Well, I have never lost any images on Sandisk cards. Losing images on either brand cards would be a game changer for me.

pierceography:
I use primarily SanDisk for CF cards, and lexar for SD cards... don't ask me why, Lexar probably had less expensive SD cards at the time.

But what's everyone's opinion on the SanDisk vs. Lexar debate?  I'm obviously pretty indifferent, but if more people have had bad experiences with SanDisk, or vice versa, then the 32gb CF card I'll be buying in the next couple weeks might come from the winner of this discussion.  Especially since my purchase is motivated by a vacation in which I won't be bringing a laptop for transferring photos off my cards -- hence the additional storage.

EYEONE:
I have 4 Transcend 600x CF cards, 2- 16gbs and 2- 8gbs. One of the 8gbs was bad. One out of every 10 images or so would be corrupted.

I've had great luck with the other 3 but I'll probably be springing for Sandisk or Lexar next time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version