October 21, 2014, 02:24:55 PM

Author Topic: 5dmk3, 6D or 3D'? Money no issue. So I ordered a 650d....  (Read 2367 times)

freophotos

5dmk3, 6D or 3D'? Money no issue. So I ordered a 650d....
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
I've been using Canon digital SLR's professionally since the D30 in 2000, when AF was slow and dynamic range belonged to transparency film only. My last DSLR was the 5d Mk2, which I sold to upgrade.  However after reading all the 'rumours' and specs on current and 'to be released' cameras, I've decided to stall my purchase for a while, because the camera I really want hasn't been made yet. (30+mp, full-frame, 8fps, wifi gps, articulating touch-screen, STM lens control with dynamic Image Stabiliser and eye-informed focus in a cheap, light and affordable semi-plastic body)
As I am having a few months off work following surgery, i have decided to buy myself a 650D and play with that instead. Will I be disappointed after the 5dMk2? I'm not talking about menus, build quality etc, just the big one, IMAGE QUALITY. My guess is that I'll be pretty happy.
Hopefully by the time I get back to work Canon will have decided to make the camera of my dreams by combining the best features of what is already available in their existent and rumoured product range.
If anyone has already done a comparison of 5dMk3 and 650D images, please let me know.

canon rumors FORUM

5dmk3, 6D or 3D'? Money no issue. So I ordered a 650d....
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »

drmikeinpdx

• Canon 70D
  • Celebrating 20 years of naughty photography!
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Boudoir Photo
Re: 5dmk3, 6D or 3D'? Money no issue. So I ordered a 650d....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
I'd say it depends on which lenses you will use and what kind of photos you will be creating.

I recently purchased a T2i with the 18-55 stabilized kit lens to use as a small vacation camera.  The image quality is fine if you stay within the limits of what the autofocus system and the sensor will do.

If you are trying to do low light work or shallow DOF work with prime lenses, you won't be a happy camper.
Current bodies:  5D3, 7D, 550D, S100
Favorite lenses: 135 f/2.0 L, 85 f/1.8 200 f/2.8 L, 50 f1.4 Sigma, 40mm pancake, 24-105 L.
blog:   http://www.BeyondBoudoirPhoto.com

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »
About 90% of the equation is the photographer.

If you are happy with your camera, then its right for you.  However, that does not apply to others, each has their own list of wishes..
A perfect camera body will never happen, so make the best use of what you have.  You can work around most features, but for some uses like low light with no flash and rapidly moving subjects, once you get the fastest glass, there is no good work around.  Then do you really need to consider the options.  That might only apply to a small overall percentage of photographers.
 However, those who have the additional capabilities sometimes discover that they have been missing something and never knew it.

bbasiaga

• EOS M2
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
You can definitely make great images within the (fairly wide) limits of the 650D.  One thing I would say is if you really want all of those features you listed in the same body, I think it is a generation or two in the future - that is a generation or two AFTER what is supposedly going to be announced. Just my guess of course. 

-Brian

Tayvin

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Tayvin Knight Photo
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
I'm betting it's going to be a long wait for that high MP rumored camera.  If you already own some good glass then why not invest in some strobes?  That will help with image quality.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »