Miscellaneous Wildlife

Upvote 0
The Small Indian Mongoose is not as impressive as the MSH411's photos but it's all I had the chance to see in local botanical garden (and on Hawaii you have no big choice :().

DSC_6009_DxO.jpgDSC_6033_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Thanks ISv but those images of the Mongoose are very cool. Great looking critter and excellent images!
Thanks for "...excellent images"! Otherwise I don't like the Mongoose - on the other Islands where they still have a ground nesting endemics (Nene!) they are real danger for the eggs and chicks. On Oahu they are problem for the Albatross and Wedge-tailed Shearwater but after the South-West colony was fenced* they are no treat there. The recently established North-East colony is vulnerable because it's not fenced!
*fenced - special fence that preserves the territory from rats, feral cats and dogs and mongoose.
Concerning the Bats: I had very little success with them in Europe - only these photos (taken with Nikon D7200 x 200-500mm zoom and activated it's build-on flashlight). Kind of little bit noisy photos because I'm so lazy to search for the RAW files in the back-ups. At that time (2019) there was no DxO PL 6:)

DSC_1078_DxO-1_DxO.jpgDSC_1076_DxO_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0