Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Man...I nearly fell of the chair. I thought this post was related to Canon EOS R FPS in continuous mode. .. Holly Batman... R shooting 24 frames per second sports.

It's actually about adding a 24 fps RAW burst mode to the M6 Mark II to complement the existing 30 fps mode. For those who want the special cinematic look on their RAW bursts.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
From Canon: In response to feedback from our customers about some of our recently launched EOS and PowerShot models, Canon plans to introduce 24p mode (23.98fps) for movie recording via a series of future firmware updates for select models. After the firmware updates are downloaded it will be possible to shoot 24p (23.98fps) in 4K and Full HD for the select models.
The first models to benefit will be the EOS 90D and EOS RP at the end of October. The PowerShot G7X Mark III and G5X Mark II will follow at the end of 2019 and the EOS M6 Mark II during the first half of 2020.
Canon is committed to providing a diverse and full line-up of products, listening to our customers and providing enhancements accordingly.

Canon EOS 90D Body $1199
Canon EOS 90D w/18-55mm IS STM $1349
Canon EOS 90D w/18-135mm IS STM $1599
Canon EOS...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-to-add-24p-recording-to-the-canon-eos-90d-canon-eos-rp-canon-eos-m6-mark-ii/]Continue reading...

Upvote 0

gzroxas

Canon EOS R / Travel and Landscape
Oct 3, 2018
Italy
Finally! I don’t have this kind of problems with my models but it was just incredibly stupid to cut some customers out for something that is not related to technical feasibility and that could be added so easily! I’m really liking that Canon is starting to work seriously on improving cameras via Software! :)

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
As silly as it was to shank so basic a feature that has been in Canon DSLRs for 10 years, it equally heartening to see Canon responding to legitimate desires by its user base. I know there are a lot of wish lists on this forum which we can all have debates over, but this one was an easy fix and really should have been there to begin with. Lots of other “upgrades” in video going from the RP to the R without having to downgrade the RP further by eliminating the most easily basic and widely used video frame rate.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
This is how it should work
If the customer has a legit complaint then the company listens and makes a change
Kudos to all the canon fans that gave this feedback and kudos to canon for listening and changing course.

I hope the canon trolls shut up and let genuine canon fans continue to give helpful feedback.
Now what are Canon’s plans for the 7d series?!

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
They thought they could get over on people by screwing them over. All the never feedback must have be damaging. But according to Canonrumors members, our feedback doesnt mean anything we should just let Canon make money by giving us whatever they feel like. No question asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0