Stock Notice: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama has stock of the brand new Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III.
Key Features

Constant f/2.8 Maximum Aperture throughout Entire Zoom Range.
Canon’s Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Minimizes Ghosting and Flare.
Optical Image Stabilization at up to 3.5 Stops of Shake Correction.
Fluorine Coating on Front and Rear Elements to Help Reduce Smears and Fingerprints
Highly Resistant to Dust and Water, and Improved Durability Even in Harsh Conditions.
Inner Focusing System with Ring Ultrasonic Motor
Full-time Manual Focus
Minimum Focusing Distance of Approx. 3.9 ft./1.2m.

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III $2099 at Adorama

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
..unless you upgrade from mark II.
Overall, I still am very happy with my EF 70-200L f2.8 II, one of my fav zoom lenses. I think the new Mk III is more attractive for those still using the Mk I lens or buying into this class for the first time. In optical quality, the leap between the quite old Mk I and the Mk II was huge, the latter is much sharper, overall seen. Plus, AF etc. was much then improved by Canon, so it was really worth upgrading. But according to Bryan Carnathan, still one of my fav sources for reviews of new Canon gear, they didn't change the optical design, only used some more advanced lens coatings (https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2.8L-IS-III-USM-Lens.aspx). So I expect no or only incremental visible improvements for Mk II users when it gets to real life photography.

That said, the Mk III is surely a great lens, no doubt about that. So congrats for your purchase, MrFotoFool, I am sure you will not regret it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0