Affordable tripod ring for 200mm f/2.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the subject says, I'm looking for a tripod ring for my new lens. Canon doesn't seem to have the ring online, and it looks like the 'Canon' parts online are over $100.

Concerns:
1) Ran into counterfiet Canon products online
2) It's not a HUGE lens, but I need a ring that's reliable enough to hold a camera and the lens
3) I need something affordable, which means under $90

Suggestions guys?

I've waited *SO* long to get this lens, and now that I have it, I swear I have a medical condition or something with the shaking :(

I appreciate the help; extra points for Arca Swiss :)

Thanks

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
Third party rings are available online. Quality is not up to the expensive Canon part, but neither is the price.

I'd recommend buying a third party ring from amazon.com so it can be returned if its not going to work for you. The third party rings sometimes have interferences with specific lenses because they are not exact copies of the Canon part. Sometimes, they are just crap, and some are pretty decent!

If you consider third party parts as counterfit, you probably won't be happy with one, they are cheaper.

So bite the bullet and get a Canon part. You can order it direct from Canon, the price will be the same as any store selling it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.