Alert: Canon EOS 60D for $899 no tax, free shipping, from Canon through Amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

canonman

I couldnt resist and just bought one from Amazon. Yes, the 7D is better in certain ways, but there is one thing that I am most certain about. You will be able to get a 7D off of Amazon for $1600 new (with a 1 year warranty) and then $1359 from Canon refurbished (with a 90 day warranty). If you go to Ebay, then you will find all kinds of shady 7Ds which all the sellers claim to be new or just have a few clicks, but you and I know there is probably something wrong with them.

For $899, you can get a camera that is better then the T2i and with the same image quality as the 7D.

Here is the Amazon link: http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=canorumo-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&m=amazon&f=ifr&md=10FE9736YVPPT7A0FBG2&asins=B0040JHVCC

Use this Coupon or Promotional Code: SX3ULEFQ

Amazon has always been exceptional with their return policy. Lets say you buy the camera and change your mind a few days after, then you can return it. I have returned lenes and cameras to Amazon before and they took it back.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=901908

E

Edwin Herdman

Well, this made me feel some momentary twinges of regret, but seeing how I didn't spring for a discounted Canon lens, this wouldn't have helped towards a double discount anyway. Of course, if you ARE going for one of the double-discount lenses, like a 70-200mm IS of the f/2.8 or f/4 variety, this will count towards that.

I think the camera is finally starting to get down to the price it should have been at all along. Is this the signal flare opening a new price war? Popular worries about Canon crowding the bottom end of their range and leaving nothing for serious amateurs aside from the expensive 7D may seem to be justified - I still think it's a great camera and from the specs appears generally better than the 50D still, though they'd better do something about the lack of continuous autofocus in live view / video, which "the competition" now has and which is (imo) the current (and next) big headline feature. Still, it's a good camera at this price, and it was tempting even at $1099.

Personally I would really enjoy it if Canon started pumping up the density of the autofocus sensors all across their range.

Upvote 0
C

canonman

Canon does this all the time. When they introduce anything for the first time, they have a price that is a few hundred dollar greater then the actual price. They figure that early adopters will pay that extra few hundred I guess. Then a few months later, especially towards the end of the quarter, they start bringing the price down. These type of deals are offered all the time. I remember I bought the T1i and then a few months later they had a wonderful deal.

Upvote 0
E

Edwin Herdman

canonman said:
I remember I bought the T1i and then a few months later they had a wonderful deal.
I thought the T1i hovered around its intro price much longer. I bought the T1i around July 2009, well after introduction, and it didn't seem to be until late in the year (?) that the camera was down in price. Obviously I wasn't watching terribly closely though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.