Anyone bought from DWI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bazel

Canon 5d3 in OZ.
Jan 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
One week ago I ordered a Canon body and a couple of lenses from DWI, paid with Paypal and waited for confirmation of goods posted. Now I get an email saying as the total goods are over $2000, they want me to supply personal info: photocopy of drivers licence etc "for security,as part of their process". As I paid with a verified Paypal, they now have the funds - this request seems like a belated bad joke. Anyone else had similar issues with this or any other website, as I never have. I feel like cancelling my order as I will not be giving anyone copies of licenses or cards etc, with all the problems of identity theft being current.

Mar 25, 2011
Don't do it. Complain to paypal and file a request for repayment. They will return your money.
When a online store does not give a address and phone number on their website, they do not want you to be able to locate them.

I also noted a "In Association with Amazon.com" logo. A search of Amazon USA and a search of Amazon UK does not come up with DWI Camera, and neither does a google search.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.