Anyone else interested in RF-S 15-85 ?

Sep 29, 2021
I had bought the 7D with the excellent EF-S 15-85 a close equivalent to the 24-105. I loved the range for travel and it’s sharpness. 15 mm is very different to the 18 mm offered in standard kit lenses to the point I will not move to RF-S if it doesn’t come out or at least a 15-65 mm which would be the true 24-105. Having to buy the RF 6 and 24-105 is a totally different budget as well as all other replacements to my other 4 EFS lenses. I want to move for lighter equipment without necessarily having to go to FUJI for that although their 16-80 would suit me too. EFS 15-85 was great for all its users but Canon never promoted truly after its launch on 7D, I hope it’s not disregarded for RF-S.

Sep 29, 2021
7D + 15-85 was my main setup for about a decade, before I switched to full-frame with the EOS R system. I loved that combo.

Such a versatile and (despite being non-L) very high quality lens. Given that Canon is keeping APS-C alive, I really hope that they'll release a worthy successor to it.
Thanks for your support , hoping more will come to influence Canon if not yet on their development plan.

Upvote 0