Can anyone share experience re Silicon Power memory cards?

shadowsports

R5 C - RF Trinity
CR Pro
Jan 15, 2023
Bay Area, CA
I'm unfamiliar with the brand, there aren't a lot of reviews (and what there is, doesn't make it easier for me), and the price seems a little too good.

Background: I shoot stills and a bit of FHD video, so I prioritize price over speed.
Not sure where you are located. I looked at their site. Didn't work very well. Lots of stuff listed as not available, out of stock, etc.

You often get what you pay for. You save now and pay for it later. Pricing wasn't so much less that you might save something if you have to pay for shipping or import. If they are close to you, you can give them a try. I prioritize reliability over price.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Not sure where you are located. I looked at their site. Didn't work very well. Lots of stuff listed as not available, out of stock, etc.

You often get what you pay for. You save now and pay for it later. Pricing wasn't so much less that you might save something if you have to pay for shipping or import. If they are close to you, you can give them a try. I prioritize reliability over price.
I wouldn't be asking if I didn't care about reliability.

Reminds me I compared prices in a photo shop, and was impressed by how cheap one of the products was. He said he can sell me a sack of potatoes for an even lower price. I appreciate his honesty, but when the shop closed, he was the only one not to find a job in any other camera shop.

Upvote 0

shadowsports

R5 C - RF Trinity
CR Pro
Jan 15, 2023
Bay Area, CA
These type of manufacturers pop up everywhere. In additional to cost, performance and reliability, the important question is will they be here tomorrow? If they are readily available to you, give them a try. I am all for supporting the underdog as long as I won't be left without recourse if things do not work out.

I looked at their warranty policy. It states coverage during the "warranty period", but it doesn't state what that period is? Amazon states 3 yr.

Write speed is slightly less than AngelBird, ProGrade and SanDisk. Varied based on where I looked. But this won't matter for a stills shooter.

Looks like 20 yrs in business. 4 subsidiaries, an HQ and 1 factory world wide.

There US office is about 30 min from San Francisco.
1680963773709.png

Its certainly got a low price.

1680964107775.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0