Canon 10/2022 Discount Motivation

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Market pressures. Canon may also want to boost fourth quarter revenue.
If past EF patterns hold, when the rebates expire they will be renewed within a few days with the price reductions essentially becoming permanent. Of course that was in the pre- pandemic era. It will be interesting to see how they handle it now.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Market pressures. Canon may also want to boost fourth quarter revenue.
If past EF patterns hold, when the rebates expire they will be renewed within a few days with the price reductions essentially becoming permanent. Of course that was in the pre- pandemic era. It will be interesting to see how they handle it now.
Your word in Goddess Kwanon's ear!

Upvote 0
I don't think we will see any RF mark II version before 2030. And absolutely no reason to. My guess is that Lens sales are slower than projected, thus instant rebates. It worked for me, just bought an RF 14-35mm. Wouldn't have done so so without the $400 US rebate.
I can proudly admit that I have made very good use of Canon's actions. See my signature... ;-)
Canon recently has presented savings on many lenses. Is Canon adjusting to market pressures, or is this a precursor to MkII releases?
I can proudly admit that I have made very good use of Canon's actions. See my signature... ;-)

Upvote 0