Not open for further replies.
D

D.Sim

Fandongo said:
D.Sim said:
D_Rochat said:
Fandongo said:
EF-S L would be brilliant...

If it was a 4.0, or a 2.8, or dare I say, 2.0 (for those that don't mind regular L heft).

The EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 is already L quality as far as optics are concerned. It's just missing the tank like build quality and weather sealing.

Does anyone know why Canon has avoided making EF-S "L" lenses? Do they figure that most APS-C consumers don't want the added weight, so they stick with a plastic build?

I think its more that the L is linked to their high end lenses for use on high end dSLRs... IE: Full Frame.

EF-S can only be used on the crop sensor bodies, and not the full frame, soooo, yeah, it goes out the window there.

"High End" is subjective.
Sure, they need to coddle us FF users, but some of the crop deficiencies can be remedied with good, fast (.95) glass.

Instead, they make 900 different 3.5-5.6 lenses.

MFT will quickly swallow up all of the amateurs and semi-pros if this practice continues.

subjective sure, but its still basically their top of the line lens - if it can't be used on *some* camera's, its gotta be a slight issue.

Maybe a new range might work though- EF-Si, or something...

@ Musuoka:

Technically that's why its the 1Dx... :p

Upvote 0
D

D.Sim

traveller said:
The way that things are going with Canon lens releases, I could actually believe this!

Canon has three ways to justify a massive price hike:

1. IS
2. II
3. Red ring

Fortunately they haven't yet realised that a red dot adds even more value than a red ring! ;)

Depends who u ask... =P

If I were offered a new M9 with a Noctilux, or an Canon cash voucher for an equivalent amount, I'd take the Canon and add to my collection =P

Upvote 0
I just upgraded three of my lenses to L lenses using a similar technique... red electrical tape. Should make spotting the Canon tech-geeks a lot easier ;)
IMG_4736.jpg

Upvote 0
mackguyver said:
...better than flourite...

Fluorite, please can we spell it fluorite? If flourite existed it would be white and dusty and not very transparent.

Still, you're not alone. I saw the same spelling in Selfridges last week. It was across all the Leica marketing material for their Ultravid binoculars, so even Leica can't spell it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.