Canon EVF-DC2 Likely Coming Soon

Aug 31, 2014
UK
AvTvM said:
thetechhimself said:
AvTvM said:
Meatcurry said:
AvTvM said:
hmmm ... EOS M10 has no contacts to plug in an external EVF, correct?
And M5 comes with built-in EVF.
EVF-DC2 does hint to one more new EOS body [see Neuro's remark re. M10 -> M20 ?].
I don't think Canon would bring a new EVF for [now old] EOS M3 or G1X II.
Or maybe it is just for yet another needless Powershot G ...
How about a G1x3 with a 24MP APSC sensor, surely that wouldn't be needless!

to me it would be. I am not buying cameras without interchangeable lenses. When lens built in is sufficient, I us my smartphone. :)

I don't think Canon will put APS-C sensors in G powershots. 1" sensor seem to be perfect for that series. Otherwise lens gets way too big ...

I did the G1X II, immediately prior to going EOS M route. They both compete for the same market, small powerful bring it everywhere turf.

The G1X III, if it ever see's the light of day, will be interesting to see pitted against the M5.

my brother has a G1X (I) ... I would NEVER exchange it for my EOS M (1st gen). G1X I + II ... significantly smaller sensor in a body as large or rather more bulky than EOS M 1st gen. Yes lens is built-in, but to me that's more of a limitation than a feature.

I'm no sensor size expert, but isn't the 1.5" sensor only slightly smaller than APSC? and didn't Canon recently patent a fixed 15-75mm lens with a APSC image circle?

Are you telling me that a G1X3 with a 24MP APSC DPAF sensor would be appealing?

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Meatcurry said:
AvTvM said:
thetechhimself said:
AvTvM said:
Meatcurry said:
AvTvM said:
EVF-DC2 does hint to one more new EOS body [see Neuro's remark re. M10 -> M20 ?].

to me it would be. I am not buying cameras without interchangeable lenses. When lens built in is sufficient, I us my smartphone. :)

I don't think Canon will put APS-C sensors in G powershots. 1" sensor seem to be perfect for that series. Otherwise lens gets way too big ...

I did the G1X II, immediately prior to going EOS M route. They both compete for the same market, small powerful bring it everywhere turf.

The G1X III, if it ever see's the light of day, will be interesting to see pitted against the M5.

my brother has a G1X (I) ... I would NEVER exchange it for my EOS M (1st gen). G1X I + II ... significantly smaller sensor in a body as large or rather more bulky than EOS M 1st gen. Yes lens is built-in, but to me that's more of a limitation than a feature.

I'm no sensor size expert, but isn't the 1.5" sensor only slightly smaller than APSC? and didn't Canon recently patent a fixed 15-75mm lens with a APSC image circle?

Are you telling me that a G1X3 with a 24MP APSC DPAF sensor would be appealing?

The G1X has a better lens than the M3 + kit 18-55. If you bought the latter and were only ever going to use the kit lens you would be better off with a G1X IMO.

There isn't a great deal of difference in size between the sensors, but maybe what size difference there is allows for a much better lens, pro rata.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
you are right, i erroneously thought g1x had 1" sensor, but it is larger.

personally i have no interest whatsoever in cameras without lens mount. even though i do use the 18-55 about half of the time, i feel limited if i cannot get into tele or wide-angle focal lengths when needed. ymmv, of course. and canon obviously can make money on it ... or not.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
AvTvM said:

personally i have no interest whatsoever in cameras without lens mount. even though i do use the 18-55 about half of the time, i feel limited if i cannot get into tele or wide-angle focal lengths when needed. ymmv, of course. and canon obviously can make money on it ... or not.

I hear ya, but it would make a great all round backup to a DSLR

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Meatcurry said:
AvTvM said:

I hear ya, but it would make a great all round backup to a DSLR

too bulky. Also, I do not want a backup, but a fully capable REPLACEMENT for my mirrorslapper. :)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
AvTvM said:
Meatcurry said:
AvTvM said:

With the exception of waterproof P/S cameras, I tend to agree with your statement.....

Upvote 0