Canon R1 - Optimal Glass

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
At 85 to 100MP, I'm hoping Canon will have new optimal glass for those investing in the platform who will be adopting entire new kits on a timely basis. Having a focus system, color rendition, tracking and DR superior to anything Canon has produced before, we hope optimized glass will be a priority.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
At 85 to 100MP, I'm hoping Canon will have new optimal glass for those investing in the platform who will be adopting entire new kits on a timely basis. Having a focus system, color rendition, tracking and DR superior to anything Canon has produced before, we hope optimized glass will be a priority.
No chance, Canon's lenses are known to be the worst crap on earth !
I've even begun to use Coke glass-bottle bottoms to get acceptable results. Sad, but so true...
Believe me, I have bigly a brain.

• Haha
Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
No chance, Canon's lenses are known to be the worst crap on earth !
I've even begun to use Coke glass-bottle bottoms to get acceptable results. Sad, but so true...
Believe me, I have bigly a brain.
The Canon f/2.8 300 IS USM II is perhaps one of the finest lenses in the world.

Upvote 0

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
I assume your "optimal glass" would be a physicist's "perfect lens" ... but I woulnd't bet on Canon having that ready to go.

Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Not even GoldWing would expect that.
I'll bet they are working on a complete entry kit to make a $50,000 point of entry viable and a $75,000 to $80,000 to include some newly developed big whites.

If the camera is indeed what is rumored, the versatility of the platform will pay for itself in 2 to 3 weeks of being in the field.

• Haha
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'll bet they are working on a complete entry kit to make a $50,000 point of entry viable and a $75,000 to $80,000 to include some newly developed big whites.

If the camera is indeed what is rumored, the versatility of the platform will pay for itself in 2 to 3 weeks of being in the field.
I might take that bet.

Upvote 0