Canon R6 II avec Irix 15 mm

photophil

In therapy for GAS
Jun 17, 2022
HD
Then I do not know either, I am afraid. The Irix is not an all-manual lens it seems — only manual focus with EXIF data for the aperture probably still being tansferred to the camera.

You could try to disable IBIS and all in-camera corrections, maybe there is something there that is causing the issue.
I recently used the old Sigma 85 1.4 on my R6 and peripheral illumination correction was causing issues (digital concentric circles on the image). Once I turned that off, everything worked just fine.

Upvote 0
I've seen reports on other websites that recent firmware updates for RF cameras don't play well with Irix lenses. I think it's worth contacting Irix and see what they have to say about it.
Bonjour, je ne pense pas que Irix peut faire quelque chose ... Il n'y a pas de mise à jour sur ces objectifs manuels... Cela provient bien de Canon, car cela fonctionnait avec mon R6 mark 1 et ne fonctionne plus avec le R6 mark 2 ...

Upvote 0
L'Irix a-t-il un contrôle manuel de l'ouverture ? Si c'est le cas, vous pouvez simplement mettre du ruban adhésif sur les connecteurs électriques et l'utiliser comme un objectif entièrement manuel, mais sans données EXIF.
Sinon, malchance :/
L'ouverture se gère depuis le boitier ..Il n'y a pas de bague d'ouverture, juste la bague de mise au point .

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 393686

Bonjour
Je possède un Irix 15mm f2.4 EF qui fonctionnait très bien avec mon Canon R6 + bague EF-RF. Depuis mon changement avec le Canon R6 II, l'objectif ne fonctionne plus !! Le boitier se bloque et je suis obligé de retirer la batterie pour l'arrêter ! Avez-vous des solutions ? Merci
I have had the same problem with the 150 mm and my R10. Irix told me that they could not solve the problem because of the Canon ban of third party lenses.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I have had the same problem with the 150 mm and my R10. Irix told me that they could not solve the problem because of the Canon ban of third party lenses.
That’s Swiss for “We don’t support user upgradable firmware on our lenses and don’t want to have them sent in for us to
do it, let’s hope no one calls us on this bullshit excuse”

Upvote 0