Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS C8

Funny, the R6II gains support for the dual fisheye lens, but the R8, with the same sensor, doesn't. I hope that doesn't set the tone for other video features in the future.
I find even stranger that the R6II had to be made compatible with a lens who was already on sale prior to R6II release; I would expect cameras in general to be fully compatible with lens and accessories already on the market prior to their releases.
I see no article on updated for R6, the updated pretty any recent camera, R5 included, but not R6; I'm going to check Canon website if there's something for me, too.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I find even stranger that the R6II had to be made compatible with a lens who was already on sale prior to R6II release; I would expect cameras in general to be fully compatible with lens and accessories already on the market prior to their releases.
I see no article on updated for R6, the updated pretty any recent camera, R5 included, but not R6; I'm going to check Canon website if there's something for me, too.
As I understand it, Canon limited the support for the dual fisheye to the R5 to keep the resolution of the resulting video around 4k. Expanding that to 24MP sensors wasn’t something Canon wanted to do, but they did.
And it’s not just on the camera, the processing tools only accept the officially blessed cameras.

As for the R6, you are likely out of luck because there is an mark II already :(

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0