Canon releases firmware v1.1.1 for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

So I was testing my R6 with the 1.1.1
it allowed me to shoot 40 minutes of 4k 30 before it overheated.
After that I got after 3 min of cool down 7 more minutes, and after that proportionally for each min of cool-down i got a minute of record time.
Also I tried to overheat it, then switched to photo mode done some photos for about one minute and it gave me 2 minutes of video need more time to test-fully but it seams that the camera now cools down in photo mode.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
That is also my concern....finally saved enough money ....and I’m committed to upgrade from 6D...but no R6 availability.
What is the better strategy? Order and wait, or wait until better availability and hopefully a deal on Black Friday?
With this much demand and limited stock, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a black friday deal.....

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2019
UK
20MP is enough when you nail your composition. When you need to crop often and a lot, 20MP are not too much. But you can train your skill or you pay for safety and get the R5.
Or you get a Lens with more focallength for the R6 like i do.
I know but I can’t afford a 600 or 800mm. When talking about wildlife, for stuff like frogs and mushrooms composition isn’t a problem. But it’s pretty hard framing a wild bird properly. Don’t think I could live without the freedom to crop a bit to get the framing I want.

Upvote 0
I know but I can’t afford a 600 or 800mm. When talking about wildlife, for stuff like frogs and mushrooms composition isn’t a problem. But it’s pretty hard framing a wild bird properly. Don’t think I could live without the freedom to crop a bit to get the framing I want.
Absolutely but when you can not auffordern a RF 600mm F11 than you can also not afford the price difference between the R5 and R6. Am am not ready to pay the cash only for safety and more free workspace with the R5. The R6 can do more in the right hands. So i will save the Money and Train my skill, and so long you are happy with your results everything is fine.

Upvote 0

Canonite

EOS R5
Dec 19, 2013
Absolutely but when you can not auffordern a RF 600mm F11 than you can also not afford the price difference between the R5 and R6. Am am not ready to pay the cash only for safety and more free workspace with the R5. The R6 can do more in the right hands. So i will save the Money and Train my skill, and so long you are happy with your results everything is fine.

And just how do you think the R6 can better the R5 in your hands, as that is what your are implying?

Upvote 0
And just how do you think the R6 can better the R5 in your hands, as that is what your are implying?
No it is not about me. I mean that the person are the artist and not the Tools. The R5 will not be better in 95% cases than the R6 in the same hands! But that means that a experienced user can do better with a R6 than myself with an R5. It is not all about the Gear but the way we use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
That is also my concern....finally saved enough money ....and I’m committed to upgrade from 6D...but no R6 availability.
What is the better strategy? Order and wait, or wait until better availability and hopefully a deal on Black Friday?
I remember people waiting for a deal on the 5D MK II due to initial availability. It was February before it was available at full price and they could have pre-ordered and had it before Christmas.

Pre Order now and hope its here by Black Friday. If you order from Adorama or B&H you have 30 days to return it, so if the price drops, they will likely match it.

I ordered my R5 when B&H had their 10% off coupon so I'm waiting got it around November or December.

Upvote 0