Dark or light?

Nov 17, 2013
I really like to know what your favourite one of these two images is. I prefer the first one.

bsmRoRJh.jpg

qMXR6FAh.jpg

One has to be careful since if you're not looking with a properly calibrated monitor it can really skew the results.

On my monitor, I personally like the second. I find the first is a little too "HDRish" for me. For post I prefer when the average person can't tell that any adjustments were made. It's just my taste. As a result, I tend to be very "sensitive" to HDR gone wild.

Don't get me wrong, both are beautiful shots, I just prefer the second.

Upvote 0
hgraf said:
One has to be careful since if you're not looking with a properly calibrated monitor it can really skew the results.

On my monitor, I personally like the second. I find the first is a little too "HDRish" for me. For post I prefer when the average person can't tell that any adjustments were made. It's just my taste. As a result, I tend to be very "sensitive" to HDR gone wild.

Don't get me wrong, both are beautiful shots, I just prefer the second.
+1

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2013
distant.star said:
Thanks for asking.

Calibrated monitor here.

On the monitor, I prefer the second. If I were to print and put on the wall, I'd go with the first.
This is what my wife thinks. The first one makes her "happier", but on a screen the darker one looks a bit better.
Thank you all very much for your comments. I really do appreciate this. Thanks!

Upvote 0