EF 90mm tilt shift macro discontinued?

Jul 21, 2010
Reactions: 1 user
Not officially. Only the TS-E 90/2.8 non-L is on the discontinued product list, not the TS-E 90/2.8L Macro from 2017.

Thank you. I ended up putting in a back order on the Canon USA site since they would take a back order and B&H would not. I wonder if/when I'll get it. I've been wanting it for some product photography that I've been doing.

Upvote 0

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
I've bought probably 50+ used lenses and camera bodies and have yet to have a problem. (As a SELLER I've had 3-4 problem customers out of maybe 120 sales.) I would not consider buying new equipment, usually, though of my current outfit I did get the 100-500 and 135/1.8 new. Even if it's only saving 10-20%, that may cut the total cost of ownership (purchase price minus sale price) in half. And if you want gear that's not sold new, used is basically the only option. I think it's worth considering.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I've bought probably 50+ used lenses and camera bodies and have yet to have a problem. (As a SELLER I've had 3-4 problem customers out of maybe 120 sales.) I would not consider buying new equipment, usually, though of my current outfit I did get the 100-500 and 135/1.8 new. Even if it's only saving 10-20%, that may cut the total cost of ownership (purchase price minus sale price) in half. And if you want gear that's not sold new, used is basically the only option. I think it's worth considering.
I buy and sell used sometimes too. I'm getting ready to create 3 more ebay listings today actually. I wanted to get this one new. I think because it's a somewhat rare lens, the prices weren't low enough imo to buy used but if it was discontinued I was fully prepared to buy a used one. I have never had any issues as a buyer on ebay either. I've only had a few very minor issues with buyers as a seller. Overall it's been a great experience buying and selling used. It's allowed me to try out lots of equipment in a relatively economical way.

Upvote 0
Update: I ended up canceling my order after waiting almost 3 months. Canon USA does a new pre-auth every 30 days to make sure your card is still active but it expires after a few days. It turns out that I'm able to get most of what I need for my product photography with a regular macro lens and powerful strobes. Sure it would be nice to do some perspective correction in camera and do some selective focus stuff but I'm able to get good enough results to get the job done without it so I decided I could live without it.

• Sad
Upvote 0