Even Nikon has announced its FF successors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye

Recovering Full-Framer
CR Pro
Jul 5, 2011
Virginia
I don't want a 5D Mark III; I want a 5D Mark IV. With a release date of now. At the T2i's price point. And I want three CF card slots, because one 64GB card isn't big enough and four seconds is too long to swap out media, plus one for back-up. Oh, and throw a second direct print button on there to print from multiple flashcards at once. If Canon doesn't produce, I'm going to Nikon.

FOLKS, GO TAKE PICTURES AND STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT NIKON VS. CANON! If you really think Nikon offers you such significantly better equipment, switch over. Just don't be whining about it constantly.

Upvote 0
B

Bokehmon

Eagle Eye said:
I don't want a 5D Mark III; I want a 5D Mark IV. With a release date of now. At the T2i's price point. And I want three CF card slots, because one 64GB card isn't big enough and four seconds is too long to swap out media, plus one for back-up. Oh, and throw a second direct print button on there to print from multiple flashcards at once. If Canon doesn't produce, I'm going to Nikon.

FOLKS, GO TAKE PICTURES AND STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT NIKON VS. CANON! If you really think Nikon offers you such significantly better equipment, switch over. Just don't be whining about it constantly.

pure gold :D

Upvote 0
J

J. McCabe

HTCahHTC said:
Just hoping to share my thoughts and gain some of your insights. Nikon has already announced its successors of its D700 and D3s, and they will be releasing it on the 24th August.

Honestly, in my opinion, Canon is tailing way behind. When Nikon released its D3s, Canon didn't release pro cameras, and I have to admit the D3s is a beast. Now Nikon has a updated beast coming.

What do you guys think?

That people shouldn't treat rumors too seriously.

Upvote 0
T

Tarrum

You know, there are always some silly fanboys on both sides, claiming that either Canon or Nikon is way behind, and they list some settings and features that are missing. Don't you guys ever get tired of that? Sure, you want to switch to Nikon even though none of them announced anything, then go. If you would really need to switch, I doubt you'd be asking us here.

Upvote 0
Eagle Eye said:

It's a rumour site - that's what people tend to do here :D

Upvote 0
Chewy734 said:
It is safe to say that at least Nikon has announced a worldwide press event, with the possibility of releasing the D700/D3 successors at it. I wish Canon at least had a timeline for revamping their pro models. We haven't heard a single peep from them, and I highly doubt they'll be releasing newer models without a huge press event. I feel like Canon is dragging their feet when it comes to this.

Dragging their feet or keeping their cards close to their chest, either way it seems to be a viable strategy for them. The probably do have timeline in place, but they choose not to publish it (kind of like apple) till they can demonstrate a distinctive competancy.

I know it is frustrating for guys like us who have to wait in the dark.... but sometimes good things come to those who wait.

Upvote 0
K-amps said:
Chewy734 said:
It is safe to say that at least Nikon has announced a worldwide press event, with the possibility of releasing the D700/D3 successors at it. I wish Canon at least had a timeline for revamping their pro models. We haven't heard a single peep from them, and I highly doubt they'll be releasing newer models without a huge press event. I feel like Canon is dragging their feet when it comes to this.

Dragging their feet or keeping their cards close to their chest, either way it seems to be a viable strategy for them. The probably do have timeline in place, but they choose not to publish it (kind of like apple) till they can demonstrate a distinctive competancy.

I know it is frustrating for guys like us who have to wait in the dark.... but sometimes good things come to those who wait.

Exactly. Apple doesn't blab about their products until the day they announce them, and the press can usually play with/experience the product first hand that day. Sometimes they go on sale at the same time.

Worse, Canon could be like Mazda and keep showing dead-sexy prototypes and giving us smiley-faces! :)

I think the fisheye was the silliest wait for release from announcement that I'd seen in a while. Now that it's out, I don't have the cash to rent it . . .

Upvote 0
F

Flake

HTCahHTC said:
Hi people,

Just hoping to share my thoughts and gain some of your insights. Nikon has already announced its successors of its D700 and D3s, and they will be releasing it on the 24th August.

Honestly, in my opinion, Canon is tailing way behind. When Nikon released its D3s, Canon didn't release pro cameras, and I have to admit the D3s is a beast. Now Nikon has a updated beast coming.

What do you guys think?

Funny isn't it, but Nikon have only announced compact cameras today, so where are these mythical replacements to the D700 and D3s, can we consider that your opinion of Canon trailing way behind has changed somewhat?

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
24th of August had come and gone.... And no new Nikon DSLR. ;)

Those Nikon fanboys who think that Nikon is stupid enough to release a D700 successor to compete with their D3s (or successor) can continue day-dreaming. Once bitten, twice shy. Nikon will never attempt anything like that again. The D700 was a necessity for Nikon several years ago because they had to stop the loss of photographers to the Canon fold. At this point in time, a D700 successor will only surface one year or more after the D3s and/or D3X (depending how Nikon wants to pitch the D700 successor... as a speed demon or pixel monster...) are updated.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
HTCahHTC said:
I got the news from NR ... It stated 'WILL ANNOUNCE', therefore i interpreted it as a confirmation.

Well, in that case I hold title to a large suspension bridge connecting a pair of New York City boroughs...are you interested in a purchase? By the way, did you know that "gullible" is not in the dictionary? As history has now shown, instead of a D4/D800 and a 1DsIV/5DIII, 'they' got FoolPix and 'we' got PowerSh1t.

Oh well, I'm sure the next rumored announcement date is RIGHT. ;D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.