Firmware: Canon Announces New Firmware for Cinema EOS C300 & C300 Mark II

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<strong>MELVILLE, N.Y., November 9, 2016 </strong>– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced firmware updates for both the Canon EOS C300 and EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Cameras being showcased at NAB Show New York 2016, November 9 and 10 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City. These firmware updates support a number of feature updates for users including improvement of accessory support, ease of use, Dual Pixel CMOS AF (DAF) and creative flexibility.</p>
<p>Firmware updates are as follows:</p>
<ul>
<li>The <strong>EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera (EF-Mount)</strong> updates will allow various functions such as support for the Canon EVF-V70 OLED Electronic Viewfinder, WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter, Shutter Angle Priority, support for Zebra range at 65 percent or below, 2K Crop Audio Recording, Built-In Mic Audio off, and Peripheral Illumination Correction when using the new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens.</li>
<li>The <strong>EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera (PL-Mount)</strong> updates will allow various functions such as support for the Canon EVF-V70 OLED Electronic Viewfinder, WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter, Shutter Angle Priority, support for Zebra range at 65 percent or below, 2K Crop Audio Recording, and Built-In Mic Audio off.</li>
<li>The <strong>EOS C300 Digital Cinema Camera (EF-Mount)</strong> updates will allow various functions such as support for the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter, Shutter Angle Priority, Grip Zoom Function when using CINE-SERVO 17-120mm EF-mount, CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm EF-Mount and COMPACT SERVO 18-80mm lenses, Auto Iris and Push Iris when using CINE-SERVO 17-120mm EF-mount, CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm EF-Mount and COMPACT SERVO 18-80mm lenses and Peripheral Illumination Correction when using the new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens.</li>
<li>The <strong>EOS C300 Digital Cinema Camera DAF (EF-Mount)</strong> updates will allow various functions such as support for the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter, Shutter Angle Priority, Dual Pixel CMOS AF (DAF) when using CINE-SERVO 17-120mm EF-Mount and COMPACT SERVO 18-80mm lenses, Grip Zoom Function when using CINE-SERVO 17-120mm EF-mount, CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm EF-Mount and COMPACT SERVO 18-80mm lenses, Auto Iris and Push Iris when using CINE-SERVO 17-120mm EF-mount, CINE-SERVO 50-1000mm EF-Mount and COMPACT SERVO 18-80mm lenses and Peripheral Illumination Correction when using the new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens.</li>
<li>The <strong>EOS C300 Digital Cinema Camera (PL-Mount)</strong> updates will allow various functions such as support for the WFT-E8 Wireless File Transmitter and Shutter Angle Priority.</li>
</ul>
<p>To learn more about the firmware updates, please visit <a href="https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/nab-ny-firmware-updates" target="_self"><b>usa.canon.com/nabny2016firmware</b></a>.</p>
<p>These firmware updates are scheduled to be available on December 13, 2016. To see these products with the firmware updates mentioned above at NAB Show New York 2016, visit Canon U.S.A., Inc. at Booth #1133. Follow Canon throughout the show on Instagram at @CanonUSA and Twitter at @CanonUSApro.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Yep - that audio-"feature" is a thing i never understood...every smartphone would record high fps with audio... so i am happy to see canon still cares about us users out there.

LOVE THAT SHUTTER ANGLE UPDATE - finally we can switch through framerates without worring the shutter is double the fps or not! NICE!

I love this camera for simple reasons:
- small formfactor (dont use big baseplates/rigs/v-mount batteries) - perfect for motorised sliders and gimbals with a great weight
- quality picture with a fast and easy menues (could be even better and faster - but its okay)
- D-AF does a great job 70% of the time
- color grading is a pleasure with clog3

I would love to see:
- false color on the c300-2

- a BP-a60 (or bigger BP-a90) WITH DTAP to power a external monitors (!!!)
(no battery manufacture wants to do that because the amount of c300-2 cameras out there is too few as they say...)

- a hardware and/or firmware upgrade to realise higher fps with and without centre-crop
(i could understand that 4K60p/50p is probably a thing just for the
c700...but atleast more fps at 1080p with and without centre-crop would
be great. ( if for example the many video-signlal-outputs wouldnt work for higher fps or other features were disabled while high fps, i personally wouldnt care - i just need one video-feed out of the camera at the same time - but DAF while High fps would be mind blowing!)

I would pay a hardware upgrade to keep the camera up-to-date
and competetive any time!

Go canon, go!

Upvote 0