Firmware: Canon EOS 7D Mark II v1.1.0 Coming Soon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<em>Regarding the EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera, we are planning to release Firmware Version 1.1.0 for download from the Web in order to enhance the functions.</em></p>
<p><strong>Changes in the firmware:</strong>

We are planning to incorporate the following changes to enhance functions.</p>
<ol>
<li>Wi-Fi adapter W-E1 will be supported.</li>
<li>A setting will be added to enable or disable automatic storage of the lens if it is extended out when a gear-driven STM lens*1 is attached, and the power switch is turned to [OFF].

<sub>*1 EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses</sub></li>
<li>Lens optical correction data for the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens will be added to the camera.</li>
</ol>
<p>This firmware update should be available no later than the first week of September.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

mpphoto

CR Pro
Dec 15, 2013
I am happy to see the feature of this new firmware that will retract the STM prime lenses when powering off the camera. The failure of the lens to park itself has annoyed me. The front element is sticking out because of where you were focused, you turn the camera off, and it is still sticking out. I would worry about accidentally pushing the lens in and messing up the AF motor. Eventually, I would manually focus to retract the lens before powering off.

When I noticed the M3 retracts the EF-M 22mm when powering off, I thought it was a good idea and wondered why none of the SLRs did this with the 24/40/50mm STM lenses. Here's to hoping other bodies besides the 7D2 will retract STM lenses.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
Oh well, I was hoping that canon would issue a new firmware, but I was hoping it might turn on a few more f8 AF points I guess this must mean it is a hardware limit and that the baby 1Dx is stuck with 1 f8 AF point with 4 assist points with AF point expansion enabled. :'( Nothing here for me, but I'm pleased there is at least 1 thing some of you are happy to get for your STM lenses.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0