Canada
www.canonrumors.com

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I’ll only be updating one of my R3s to the new firmware and see if they conveniently fixed the major IBIS problems both camera have since the last update. Err70 is also a problem I’ve been getting somewhat regularly (roughly once a day on long shoots).

Not sure if anyone else has the IBIS issue, but it’s on BOTH my cameras after the firmware. Using the RF 70-200 or 100-500 at longer focal length the IBIS will “walk” when you hold the shutter down. It’s always down and to the right. Best way to describe it is that the image frame starts to move down to the right as you hold down the shutter button. It then corrects itself when you release it. Happens randomly and I finally have some downtime to send one of the bodies in with the 100-500. Hopefully there will be an answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
I’ll only be updating one of my R3s to the new firmware and see if they conveniently fixed the major IBIS problems both camera have since the last update. Err70 is also a problem I’ve been getting somewhat regularly (roughly once a day on long shoots).

Not sure if anyone else has the IBIS issue, but it’s on BOTH my cameras after the firmware. Using the RF 70-200 or 100-500 at longer focal length the IBIS will “walk” when you hold the shutter down. It’s always down and to the right. Best way to describe it is that the image frame starts to move down to the right as you hold down the shutter button. It then corrects itself when you release it. Happens randomly and I finally have some downtime to send one of the bodies in with the 100-500. Hopefully there will be an answer.
Have not seen this on my R3 with the Rf 70-200 2.8 - Will give it a shot and report back. This does sound a little like the first image twist issue that occurred on the R5 and R6.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
Have not seen this on my R3 with the Rf 70-200 2.8 - Will give it a shot and report back. This does sound a little like the first image twist issue that occurred on the R5 and R6.
It's only happened on the RF 70-200 maybe 2-3 times. Granted, I use the 100-500 a lot more for much longer periods of time so I've experienced it most commonly with that lens. I also tried my friend's 100-500 and it has the same issue.

Upvote 0