First time for video

Hey folks, not only is this a link to my first ever video shoot, but its also my first post to the site. I've been coming here and reading news for the last couple of years, but thought maybe I would start posting as well in my down time.

Anyhow, this is the first video shoot I've ever done with my gear. I've been gathering equipment for quite some time with the idea of shooting video, but I've always been kind of intimidated. Not only that, I was scared of the learning curve of using Premiere as my only previous video editing experience was using Sony Vegas Pro to make a picture slide show.

So I was sought out by a local night club (disclaimer: I am a consultant to them as well) to create promotional material for their upcoming Halloween Party: Hamilton Horror Story (naturally based off of the popular current Television Show). This is what I came up with:

Sizzle and Koi Present - Hamilton Horror Story

Equipment used include a Canon 5DMKII, an old 50mm 2.5 Macro lens, a 70-200 2.8IS II, a 16-35L 2.8, Cinevate mini handle and pull focus, Benro S6 Tripod Head.

All the visuals were shot in and around the club, and I used the staff as the cast members.

Richard Northwood