Formula Drift Round 5 Seattle, WA 2012 Filmed with Canon 5D Mark III + Canon 7D

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Sinematiks said:
https://vimeo.com/46915658

Here's a video that we filmed a couple of weeks ago at Formula Drift Round 5 in Seattle, WA. We used a Canon 5d Mark III and a Canon 7D. Enjoy.
Very nice!
What did you use to get that first shot..from up high, then panning down into the crowd? In other shots...are you using some sort of steady-cam?

I'm not a fan of rap music (I often think 'rap' and 'music' are mutually exclusive terms), but I must say the video went quite well with transitions sync'ed with the music along with the people singing along with it....well edited.

Overall, I think a well done effort!!!

C

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
Not sure if this is a "what do you think?" or a "hey look at this," but I'm just throwing this out there either way:

I think you should scoot the clip of the first chicks lip-syncing back a frame or two, that sorry I'm OCD about syncing and she looked like she was pretty close to being spot on.

I don't know about the other clips of chicks lip-syncing the song, doing stuff like that once is cool but more than that it can get gimmicky and make it feel like a music video having an identity crisis. It seems like there is a lot of focus on the song itself, but it's supposed to be about cars/drifting/show/event right? People will understand the connection between the song, video title, and how the lyrics pertain to what's occurring on the video, you don't have to push it, be subtle. I think @ 1:05 a shot of a car drifting through the frame in slow mo would look awesome with the "hey I heard you were a wild one lyrics. I'm not saying remove all of times the song is lip-synced, but it just seems like filler footage when you do it as many times as it is now.

And I get that you were up to the beat dropping for the drifting, but I think in slow motion with no engine noise that it would't take anything away from the drifting starting at with the beat dropping. I love building up to beats, but 1:08 in is a tad long to wait before showing any kind of drift footage IMO. I thought maybe you could have been dividing it into multiple sections related to each aspect of the event, but towards the end it seemed to be a bit of everything.

Either way, nice work overall and the cinematography/camera moves were great. Don't mean to sound critical just throwing a few ideas out there.

Upvote 0