Just returned a Sony Alpha 7R III after a week

I STILL have the A7RII, but the files ARE cleaner, and not just DR, its the lack of AA. Sharper, more 3D MF like, and they do have more play maybe due to mpixels. As the OP I still take the Canon on field, or anything that might move, like models and such. If its static or posed with little movement, I take the Sony in case I can use it. Often I do.

But as OP says the ergo sucks on the SOny, and it is nOT a matter of getting used to. I have had it for over a couple years, and do my best to take it on my personal and assigned work so I am fluid with it. Its just choppy waters all the way. BUT, that LCD vs EVF..there is a setting to swap between, and I find it works well for me.

I too wonder about the 5DSR, but have heard lots on the mirror slap, and its a must to use with it Up. So that and the lower light sensor, it limits the work out of studio, and if it is in studio, I use the lens to adapt to multiple lenses with the Sony. And I like that I tried a different brand. Too bad the improvements were helpful, but not address all issues on the 7R3 version.

Upvote 0
I STILL have the A7RII, but the files ARE cleaner, and not just DR, its the lack of AA. Sharper, more 3D MF like, and they do have more play maybe due to mpixels. As the OP I still take the Canon on field, or anything that might move, like models and such. If its static or posed with little movement, I take the Sony in case I can use it. Often I do.

But as OP says the ergo sucks on the SOny, and it is nOT a matter of getting used to. I have had it for over a couple years, and do my best to take it on my personal and assigned work so I am fluid with it. Its just choppy waters all the way. BUT, that LCD vs EVF..there is a setting to swap between, and I find it works well for me.

I too wonder about the 5DSR, but have heard lots on the mirror slap, and its a must to use with it Up. So that and the lower light sensor, it limits the work out of studio, and if it is in studio, I use the lens to adapt to multiple lenses with the Sony. And I like that I tried a different brand. Too bad the improvements were helpful, but not address all issues on the 7R3 version.
Phil, now that u mention the mirror slap. I always have trouble getting perfect long exposure night shots with my 1DX2. Even with 2 or 10 second timer shoots and the mirror up and a steady tripod. I have unbelievable night shots the other night with the Sony. I am starting to believe that mirrorless is the future. The mirror slap is and will always be a problem specially with super high MP where every detail counts.
Cheers

P

Upvote 0