Kirk Security Strap review

Status
Not open for further replies.
victorwol said:
Looks interesting... Although makes me a bit nervous the idea of the clamp getting lose and the camera falling... What are your thoughts about that? I've being using arca clamps for a noon time, but never to hang a camera...

Held tight for 3000 ft up and 3000 ft down over rocky trails. I don't see it as an issue.

I think that it comes down to if you have a Swiss-Arca plate arrangement and want a strap, do you want a traditional strap style where it keeps the camera orientated, or do you want a Black Rapid style where the camera swings around more but also comes to the eye a bit easier.

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
Just wondering, if you attach the strap/clamp to the bottom of your camera's bracket, is the knob on the strap/clamp towards your face, or towards the lens? (and can you unclip it to swap it the other way?) How much past the screen/lensmount does it stick in either direction, and is it easy to unscrew from that position?
(I'm sort of wondering about being stabbed in the chin by it, possible?)

Upvote 0
C

crasher8

dr croubie said:
Just wondering, if you attach the strap/clamp to the bottom of your camera's bracket, is the knob on the strap/clamp towards your face, or towards the lens? (and can you unclip it to swap it the other way?) How much past the screen/lensmount does it stick in either direction, and is it easy to unscrew from that position?
(I'm sort of wondering about being stabbed in the chin by it, possible?)

just what I was thinking, don't want that knob bumping me as I shoot

Upvote 0
The knob can go either way, forward or backward. If backward then it helps keep the back of the camera off your hip. If forward then it is out of the way.

You can wear the strap and clamp in a total of four positions/orientations and it works fine in them all. And of course you can replace the strap with whatever strap you wish, as long as it is of the correct width. Also you can reverse the strap if you like a opposite orientation. As I said the strap isn't a high end item so feel free to experiment.

You can wear the strap and clamp in a total of four positions/orientations and it works fine in them all. And of course you can replace the strap with whatever strap you wish, as long as it is of the correct width.

The knob doesn't bother me against my side or the other way. I think the 'intended' orientation is with knob forward, strap across the chest. When it is in this orientation the camera is snug and secure at your hip, very comfortable and doesn't bounce.

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
Sounds good. I've been looking for places in Aus that might sell them, not found one yet (as it was when I was looking for my original A/S setup, most places haven't even heard of A/S on this side of the world).
Adorama quoted something stupid like $60 shipping, so loks like B+H it is (as it was when I bought my plates and tripod a year ago).

Oh well, i'll have to go see what else I "need" to buy while i'm shipping anyway, maybe a Lee kit or something...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.