Light Painting!

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
This is truly a beautiful photo. Amazingly good exposure, cool composition - but to me the most inspiring is the skill with the light painting. How many takes did you have to do to 'get it SOOOO good'???? :)

Did you do this photo yourself (with different colour lights / torches / lazers?) - or were multiple people involved. I'm just smiling so much at this photo. Very clever, well executed and great outcome! Congrats. ;)

I looked at the same photo on your flickr - and note you've shared these details:
Canon 50D / 166 Seconds / 13mm / f10 / ISO160

Again well done! 8)

Paul

Upvote 0

Half Way To Nothing

A SLR one hit wonder..
Jul 28, 2012
Scotland
www.flickr.com
Thanks for all the feedback.

justsomedude: I used small LED lights that go on key chains. Need to keep it pointing at the lense when using
them.

rpt: Canon 50D / 166 Seconds / 13mm / f10 / ISO160 Wireless remote. Flash gun to light the inside of the bus
at the front.

pj1974: It was just one take. Having done a few of these I have developed a better method for referencing.
Say if I draw legs, I will start at the waist, keep a finger at that point then draw the leg. Back to my
finger to draw the other leg and so on

It was all myslef, and LED key chain lights.

Upvote 0

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Half Way To Nothing said:
Thanks for all the feedback.

pj1974: It was just one take. Having done a few of these I have developed a better method for referencing.
Say if I draw legs, I will start at the waist, keep a finger at that point then draw the leg. Back to my
finger to draw the other leg and so on

It was all myslef, and LED key chain lights.

Thanks for sharing part of your technique. You certainly did a great job as a one man show in doing the drawing, and also capturing in a photo!

Very cool idea, to use the LED key chain lights (with different colours).

Cheers.

Paul

Upvote 0