Lost half of my Canon DSLR

Nov 17, 2011
jdramirez said:
This inspired me to check what I have insured. I need to add two things... So maybe there might be a small silver lining in that you are reminding others to get their stuff under the umbrella.

JD,
I feel very lucky after all. Expensive camera gear can be replaced through times.

All my kids special moments photos in backup external HDs are MUCH-MUCH more important. Both units seem to be untouched ;). I'm glad I mounted them behind the table.

Upvote 0

Vivid Color

CR Pro
Dec 7, 2012
Dear Dylan,

I'm very glad to hear that your images were not also stolen. Please keep us posted as you rebuild your kit.

I thought you might want to know that your awful experience gave me the push I needed to take the time to inventory all of my equipment and get it insured with Hill and Usher. When I started the process, I gave them a guesstimate of how much I thought my replacement value would be. When I finished the spreadsheet they sent me and totaled everything up, it was almost twice my initial estimate. I was shocked at the final figure but it's all covered now and I imght still be underinsured had you not chosen to share your experience. So thank you very very much for helping me protect my investments.

I wish you all the best,

Carol

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Vivid Color said:
Dear Dylan,

I'm very glad to hear that your images were not also stolen. Please keep us posted as you rebuild your kit.

I thought you might want to know that your awful experience gave me the push I needed to take the time to inventory all of my equipment and get it insured with Hill and Usher. When I started the process, I gave them a guesstimate of how much I thought my replacement value would be. When I finished the spreadsheet they sent me and totaled everything up, it was almost twice my initial estimate. I was shocked at the final figure but it's all covered now and I imght still be underinsured had you not chosen to share your experience. So thank you very very much for helping me protect my investments.

I wish you all the best,

Carol

Hi Carol,
I was able to work with the Home Insurance. I got about 75% back on total value, which was good in my case.

As this moment, I plan to shoot half mirrorless and half DSLR. Here is my gear list as 4-3-2015:

Mirrorless: Sony A7s + FE 55mm + FE 28mm f2 + Ultrawide Converter - 28mm to 21mm f2.8

DSLR: Canon 1Dx + 200mm f2 IS + 400mm f2.8 IS II + x2 TC III + 100-400mm mrk II

Just received one of mine favorites today ;)
i-j8dV7jT-X3.jpg

i-qkFrhVn-X3.jpg

Upvote 0