Macphun Makes Free Public Beta of Luminar for Windows Available

Khalai said:
So far, this Luminar Beta has rather limited options available compared to Mac full version. So I reserve any judgement so far. But it's very fast on my PC at least.

We have really big plans for the released version of Luminar, which will be available in Autumn. Glad to hear Luminar works fast on your PC :)

Upvote 0

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague
Alina_Macphun said:
Khalai said:
So far, this Luminar Beta has rather limited options available compared to Mac full version. So I reserve any judgement so far. But it's very fast on my PC at least.

We have really big plans for the released version of Luminar, which will be available in Autumn. Glad to hear Luminar works fast on your PC :)

Don't get me wrong, UI is very nice (very Applish as I'm used to from my iPhone or iPad), processing speed is on good level as well. However that Beta is rather limited in options, compared to full-fledged version for Mac and I'm also deeply invested in Lightroom catalog and overal proficiency. I don't think I'm your primary target customer. Not big fan of presets and filters. I have a few of them, mainly old film stock emulation from VSCO or Mastinlabs, but I use them lightly and my main editing is simply color corrections and exposure tweaks.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2017
Oleg Macphun said:
cayenne said:
I only heard about Macphun the other day....can you or anyone else give a comparison between the two?
Luminar is a unique photo editor. Not only some of its filters and tools are outstanding, but also the way it suggests you organize your workspace in a quick and easy way is also one of the key features.
See what it's capable of on Mac here: https://macphun.com/luminar/video-tutorials
Information about features that will be included in the official release version can be found in our FAQ https://macphun.com/beta/edu#faq-sec
cayenne said:
Does the MacPhun tool do the cataloging, metadata, etc...that Lightroom does?
We are working on our own cataloging software which will be released in the future.

Does this mean that the cataloging feature is going to be a separate application, or built in to Luminar as has been previously suggested as it was listed as an feature to be added soon?

Upvote 0
MusoD said:
Does this mean that the cataloging feature is going to be a separate application, or built in to Luminar as has been previously suggested as it was listed as an feature to be added soon?
Cannot tell for sure yet, before it's official. We always wanted our users to know that we are committed to creating the catalogue in the future, so we will stick to that promise and will come up with the best solution!

Khalai said:
Don't get me wrong, UI is very nice (very Applish as I'm used to from my iPhone or iPad), processing speed is on good level as well. However that Beta is rather limited in options, compared to full-fledged version for Mac and I'm also deeply invested in Lightroom catalog and overal proficiency. I don't think I'm your primary target customer. Not big fan of presets and filters. I have a few of them, mainly old film stock emulation from VSCO or Mastinlabs, but I use them lightly and my main editing is simply color corrections and exposure tweaks.
I totally agree. It's important that users of each of two platforms get an equally good product, and there're also people who use both platforms and will seek compatibility between the apps. Luminar is going to be great at that!

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2017
Oleg Macphun said:
MusoD said:
Cannot tell for sure yet, before it's official. We always wanted our users to know that we are committed to creating the catalogue in the future, so we will stick to that promise and will come up with the best solution!

Khalai said:
I totally agree. It's important that users of each of two platforms get an equally good product, and there're also people who use both platforms and will seek compatibility between the apps. Luminar is going to be great at that!

I would like to see the cataloguing/library feature integrated into Luminar. I actually quite like the way MacOS Photos does it (except that it puts things into the their file structure), but with a bit more functionality, that would be great in Luminar.

Upvote 0