Mitakon 50mm F0.95 review

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
If you thought the RF 28-70mm f/2L was heavy, this manages to top it.
But seeing the examples, it is puzzling that they couldn't make the mirrorless version somewhat better.
I'd rather 'choose' obvious EF 50mm f/1.2L for the same price or something like an OM 50mm f/1.2 or similar which is more than 1kg less.
This is the DSLR lens, just tested on mirrorless.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
If you thought the RF 28-70mm f/2L was heavy, this manages to top it.
But seeing the examples, it is puzzling that they couldn't make the mirrorless version somewhat better.
I'd rather 'choose' obvious EF 50mm f/1.2L for the same price or something like an OM 50mm f/1.2 or similar which is more than 1kg less.
Stunning that it outweighs the Canon. Both are beasts, aren't they?

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
I am well aware of that, I pointed out seeing how this DSLR lens renders, they could have done a better job with that at well (maybe a mk4 coming at some point...)
I am glad that you pointed the rendering out. Thought it was a bit of a flop in that department. Was looking at the thing On a small screen but thought : I’d better give it another go on a proper screen before coming e to a conclusion. Well.. doh... you nailed it... it’s big though :)

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I am well aware of that, I pointed out seeing how this DSLR lens renders, they could have done a better job with that at well (maybe a mk4 coming at some point...)
Sorry, I missed your point.

I agree that this is not looking to spectacular. There seems to be a haze that makes the background look weird to me.

Upvote 0