New firmware coming for the Canon EOS R5 in the next month or so

rbielefeld

CR Pro
Apr 22, 2015
Shutter sound with electronic shutter is already available. Startup time has also be addressed. The other is rarely mention on any forum, therefore I bet that very few people have taken time to go to the Canon Customer support page and file a request.
If enough people request them. Canon most likely will. Chattering on a rumor site does very little. However request made via Customer support get attention. I know for this to be factual. Canon USA responds very promptly. If one can prove or show that like functions already exist on similar cameras. Canon often does include those updates in a future firmware update. Such as the "Save settings to disk" and other like functions added recently. Functions requested via Canon Customer support. These are mostly firmware changes that will not impact the device temperature. Canon has been adding many R5 features regurlarly due to high request since it's release. It's not as if Canon is shipping any other model in sizeable numbers. Only a mere handfull of R3 or any other model will be shipped until the ship shortage ends.
Please show me where in the R5 menu I can turn on a fake shutter release sound when using ES.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Shutter sound with electronic shutter is already available. Startup time has also be addressed.
Please tell me which firmware update for the R5 has added shutter sound with electronic shutter, and which firmware update for the R5 has improved start-up time. Neither appear to have been addressed on the R5, which is the subject of this thread.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Please tell me which firmware update for the R5 has added shutter sound with electronic shutter, and which firmware update for the R5 has improved start-up time. Neither appear to have been addressed on the R5, which is the subject of this thread.
It’s the firmware update that makes the body bigger, increases the frame rate to 30 fps, reduces the MP to 24 and costs $6000. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0