R5 overheating in still as well?

Mar 25, 2011
It overheats after long use at 8K in video. This is not really a issue for someone who knows what they are doing and understands that full frame 8K at all is amazing for a low cost camera. The camera is not going to overheat with stills or even 4K video. If you have a real need for long term 8K, and the $$ to buy a box of 512K cards, the cost of a second body is pocket change.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
This is not really a issue for someone who knows what they are doing and understands that full frame 8K at all is amazing for a low cost camera.

Precisely this. Even this touted Sony substitute 12 MP wet firecracker doesn't do even one frame of 8K, much less twenty minutes.

Upvote 0
It overheats after long use at 8K in video. This is not really a issue for someone who knows what they are doing and understands that full frame 8K at all is amazing for a low cost camera. The camera is not going to overheat with stills or even 4K video. If you have a real need for long term 8K, and the $$ to buy a box of 512K cards, the cost of a second body is pocket change.
I don't do video at all so if the issue is just about vide, then I'm fine.

Upvote 0

adigoks

EOS 750D
Jul 12, 2020
what i got form his tweet is after hours of taking stills , the camera wont be able to record HQ video. also in another tweet he said that you can still record 4K standard without limitation after that. it just affected on that particular video mode & didnt give any affect in photo mode.

so,... dont worry if you just exclusively taking still. it wont giving up on you.

Upvote 0