S100 too small for my hands; upgrading to G1X (new price drop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems the going price (Amazon sellers at least) is $739 for the G1X. Meanwhile, as much as I absolutely love the S100 it finally slipped out of my hand and cracked the LCD. It still works, and I have some tape on the glass to keep it together, but I've had too many near misses with that camera. I love the size and that I can clip it on my belt, however I find it too easy to drop obviously.

So with the first price drop on the G1X I ordered one. I'm traveling next week and can't take anything bigger.

neuroanatomist said:
Bummer. :(

While I've never dropped mine, if I do it will be fine. Why? Because it will only fall about 6" before it's brought up short by the wrist strap...which, I believe, is the main purpose of having one (though admittedly, I swapped the stiff one that came with the S100 for the more supple one from the S95).

Yeah I should have mentioned that straps don't really work for me. Too slow to get it on or something. Pulling a DSLR out of a top loader, or a small camera out of a SnapR works.

Well now I'll have a SnapR man purse and a 1GX, we'll see how that works. The G12 certainly fits in my hand much more securely than the S100, plus I have the SnapR strap.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.