Some of my Monochrome Street Portraiture

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Outstanding, BradGrove. Certainly some of the best monochrome and portraiture I've seen on CR, for sure.

This is artistic work, and, because you did post them on a forum especially concerned with GEAR, Canon GEAR, this should be a very strong example of the strengths of the 5DIII and the ef 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II. You have produced work with a classic portraiture look of large format (i.e. 8x10) film using a dSLR. Magnificent.

Too often on this forum we read mindless and endless nitpicking. In my opinion, the 5DIII never got the credit it was due, even though it is very likely one of the very best cameras ever made since the beginning of photography. Its combination of IQ and versatility is astounding.

Thank you so much for this glimpse of lives and faces in a land far from Florida, USA!

Upvote 0
YuengLinger said:
Outstanding, BradGrove. Certainly some of the best monochrome and portraiture I've seen on CR, for sure.

This is artistic work, and, because you did post them on a forum especially concerned with GEAR, Canon GEAR, this should be a very strong example of the strengths of the 5DIII and the ef 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II. You have produced work with a classic portraiture look of large format (i.e. 8x10) film using a dSLR. Magnificent.

Too often on this forum we read mindless and endless nitpicking. In my opinion, the 5DIII never got the credit it was due, even though it is very likely one of the very best cameras ever made since the beginning of photography. Its combination of IQ and versatility is astounding.

Thank you so much for this glimpse of lives and faces in a land far from Florida, USA!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I think the monochrome versions posted here look better than their colour equivalents.

Upvote 0
Hi Brad, your portraits are very striking and beautiful. I love how the monochrome plays well with the gentlemen's darker skin tones and white beards. The portraits all seem to have some lore or story behind them and invite the viewer in.

Out of curiosity, how many shots do you take of each subject (on average) before 'being caught' or moving on?

Upvote 0