someone had to do it...5dmk4 vs z7 size comparison...

Jul 28, 2015
i know, "only speculation", but we shall see how quickly mirrorslapping will disappear once all makers

While you come up with some good points it is use of provocative words like 'disappear' that I think is the main issue. Personally I think you do it deliberately to irritate people, but there is always the chance it does not mean what you think it means.

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
No, I don't want to deliberately irritate others, I just write what i think and dont give a rat's ass whether or not it might irritate others. Political correctness is and always will be an alien concept to me. Some of the irritation may also be an unintended side-effect of my "teutonic use" of English [as a second language for me]. :)

I remain convinced that mirrorslpappers will literally disappear quite soon, once decent mirrorfree products are in good supply from all brands.

What irritates me is "fan-boyish/pre-emptive apologizing imaging gear maker's shortcomings, including obvious and blatant product nerfing marketing diferentiation" instead of always taking a firm customer perspective and pushing for/demanding maximum bang for our hard-earned bucks.

Upvote 0
I noticed no one compared the nikon z7 to the 5d in size. I grabbed a pictures online from the same websites, opened up fusion 360, calibrated the sensor size(only point of reference that should be the same), and lined them up. Looks to me the mount is smaller then the canon ef mount!

This is in no way scientific just a noob with fusion 360 playing around(i design stuff to 3d print).

If I did this correctly I wonder if a medium format sensor can really fit in there!
View attachment 179833
dang that camera is small!

I read somewhere that the Nikon Z mount is 55mm internal diameter. The Canon EOS mount is 54mm.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0