Canon EOS R5 w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM $4999 at Canon USA

Key Features

High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400
Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas
Subject tracking of People and Animals using Deep Learning Technology
In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 stops of Shake Correction
Dual Card Slots for CFexpress and UHS-II SD Memory Cards
Built-in 0.5″ 5.76 Million Dots OLED EVF with 120fps refresh rate, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen
2.4/5Ghz Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Technology

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hopefully we will see some discounts soon (before March) as the Japanese financial year ends in March 31 usually all Japanese companies will have some discounts to boost up their revenue. But 2021 is also not looking like a normal year at this point. Fingers crossed.
Who knows - I wonder if they'll treat this like the 5DS/SR where they seemed very reluctant to provide discounts at all. I've been holding off buying to see if discounts materialize considering that I'm in no rush to jump on board due to travel restrictions.

Upvote 0
Ordered the In Stock from Canon this morning, all money taken. On Canon order history it states Back Ordered. The following is the transcript of the online customer service chat:

03:26 PM
Stephen J Yeates
R5 Status

03:29 PM
Stephen J Yeates
When I ordered this camera this morning it said In Stock, I ordered on that basis. You have taken my money from my account and now, from order history, you say it is back ordered. I have had the R5 on order with B&H since 09/02 and cancelled irt with them after placing my supposed IN Stock purchase from you. B&H do not take money from an account until the order ships. Please explain what the position is here.

03:36 PM
Althea
Thank you for contacting Canon. My name is Althea. I will be happy to assist you today with EOS R5.

03:36 PM
Stephen J Yeates
Thank you

03:38 PM
Althea
The EOS R5 has sold out. It is on backorder. The website has not updated. I regret we do not have an estimated in stock date for items on backorder in an order. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. It will ship once back in stock. Backorders are filled first when inventory is re-stocked.

03:38 PM
Althea
Your credit card is only officially charged when an item is in stock and ships from our warehouse.

03:40 PM
Stephen J Yeates
Well the money is not in my current account and the debit for the entire sum is showing 4132.94 US$ paid to Canon Direct Melville NY. So you have taken my money and I ordered on the basis of IN STOCK. Please put me through to a supervisor.

03:41 PM
Althea
You are seeing a hold. This is placed when any order is submitted online. It will release automatically.

03:42 PM
Stephen J Yeates
Please put me through to a supervisor.

03:42 PM
Stephen J Yeates
And when will it release?

03:43 PM
Althea
A Sales Supervisor can be reached at 1-800-385-2155 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays.

03:44 PM
Stephen J Yeates
Get them to call me on 316 226 2028, please. And again when will the funds be released and available in my account!

03:45 PM
Stephen J Yeates
Hello

03:46 PM
Althea
You will need to contact the payment method used in the order regarding when holds are released. If you wish to speak to a supervisor, you will need to call in and select option 1.

03:47 PM
Althea
Thanks for contacting Canon. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

The operator has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.

As you can imagine I am extremly unhappy with Canon...they have my money and I will not have my camera either from them or now from B&H

Upvote 0

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
Who knows - I wonder if they'll treat this like the 5DS/SR where they seemed very reluctant to provide discounts at all. I've been holding off buying to see if discounts materialize considering that I'm in no rush to jump on board due to travel restrictions.

Possible, but I have hopes this being the 5D replacement, canon would discount at some point to move volumes. I would bet Canon may hold the prices for the high MP version if and when they release it like the 5Ds and 5DsR.

Upvote 0