Tamron Announces Development of Full Frame 15-30mm f/2.8 VC

Tamron must be reading my posts here on CR ;) ::)

CarlMillerPhoto said:
My ideal UWA is a 14-30mm f/2.8. I'd gladly give up 5mm on the long end for 2mm on the wide in regards to the current 16-35mm. And despite the number of people here who don't think f/2.8 is necessary, it comes in very hand for wedding receptions and night photography.

I think I can give up 1mm on the wide end for VC ;D Glad I've been able to resist picking up the new Canon 16-35 f/4. Here's hoping Tamron's UWA is a good as their 24-70 and 70-200 VC lenses!!!

It really is the year of the lenses for third party manufactures lol. Pretty soon my kit will be nothing but Tamron zooms and Sigma primes.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
mackguyver said:
I was excited at first, but I really like the extra 5mm at 35mm and the bulbous front that precludes (or makes it a a pain to use) filters is a non-starter for me. I am very happy with my 16-35 f/4 IS and after taking some shots in really dim lighting the other night, I realize I don't miss f/2.8 all that much.

Samples??? Please!

Upvote 0
A while back I tried Canon's 20-35, and to be honest, the zoom ratio was so small it did not really impress me in the view finder. Let's not forget that every zoom has to make some compromises in terms of image quality, so a really sharp prime plus cropping may fare better than such a zoom. Allow me here to doubt the usefulness of a zoom with only 2x focal length ratio, even the 200-400 included an optional TC for this reason.

Upvote 0
AcutancePhotography said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
The bulbous front element is definitely the buzzkill here.

I am the type of tog that likes to keep a protective filter on. Kinda wish this lens enabled that.

But I look forward to reading the tests and reviews of this lens.
Me, to and a ND or C-PL when needed.

Upvote 0