Teardown of the new Sony Supertele 400/2.8

Berowne

... they sparkle still the right Promethean fire.
Jun 7, 2014
So here is Roger's summary:
* I’ll call this one a draw, and a draw is a win for Sony. Canon has been doing this for a long, long time; this is, I think they’re 8th generation of 400mm f/2.8 lens. It’s Sony’s first and to have made a product equal to the gold standard of engineering is an amazing feat.

Upvote 0
Expecting to see a lot of Sony A9 or A9ii's paired with 400 f2.8's making a splash at Tokyo 2020. I had a chance to demo the combo briefly and even as a Sony skeptic I'd say it's a solid performer. Canon did a great job on their 400/600 duo. Now they need to get the IDX3 right. Doubtful they can get a DPAF based EOS R up to that level of performance in time for the Olympics.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Thanks for sharing and
So here is Roger's summary:
* I’ll call this one a draw, and a draw is a win for Sony. Canon has been doing this for a long, long time; this is, I think they’re 8th generation of 400mm f/2.8 lens. It’s Sony’s first and to have made a product equal to the gold standard of engineering is an amazing feat.
as this is the summary from uncle Rog this is almost like a knightly accolade for Sony. Kudos!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0