The Photography Show & The Video Show in the UK has been postponed

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
From The Photography Show:
To date, The Photography Show & The Video Show has been following Government guidelines regarding the continuation of our event surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus.  However, as the news has been progressing we have listened to the concerns, from all parties, around the health and welfare of their staff.
The wellbeing of our visitors, exhibitors, and staff is of the utmost importance, we have therefore taken the extremely difficult decision to postpone The Photography Show & The Video Show until later in the year, when we will be able to deliver the show you deserve.  We are now working through the ramifications of this unprecedented situation.
I think it’s safe to assume that both NAB in Las Vegas, USA next month and Photokina in Cologne, Germany in May are at risk of being canceled/postponed as well.

Continue reading...

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
How sad, but probably the right thing to do under current circumstances, I usually go to the show with a friend, it’s an enjoyable day, it will be a miss this time, but we are in challenging times.
Hopefully the rescheduled show will not be too far away but I suppose it depends on how the COVID-19 progresses. I was looking forward to seeing the EOS R5 but will have to wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

Feb 13, 2020
Live video streaming has pretty much made these shows and costly conventions irrelevant anyhow.
That's one way to go and technology is moving the way of live video streaming etc. but I cant help wonder if actually travelling somewhere, experiencing things 1st hand and using all of our senses, gives a better experience, improves us and makes us more rounded social beings rather than sitting at home looking at a screen? Who's to know which is better and maybe i'm just not moving with the times lol

Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

Feb 13, 2020
I often attend the show, and had planned to this weekend as the equipment prices available are typically less than on the internet
I was hoping to see some Peak design gear to compare and the EOS R5 but well, I'll just have to wait. Hopefully the show will still happen later this year if COVID-19 is sorted.

Upvote 0