Things to See in Canada late septebmber - mid October

We haven't given much information about Quebec.

It not really wild life but it is a great place to take pictures. Parc Omega is a safari type park half way between Montreal and Ottawa. I went on two consecutive days between last Christmas and New Year. Once with relatives, the second day alone just to take pictures. Dustin Abbott did his review of the Tamron 150-600 there. In the herbivore areas you can keep your car windows rolled down except during rutting season and the Wolf enclosure has a viewing platform above the fence level.

http://www.parcomega.ca/en/

Timber Wolf-2 by Jim Thomson, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2011
Thank you all for the very helpful and informative replies.

I've pretty much realized that driving all the way across Canada is too much of an endeavor.

We are considering splitting the trip in 2 pieces:
1/ fly to Vancouver, rent a car and drive around to see Brackendale (eagles), Jasper and Banff national parks and back to Vancouver (8days)
2/ fly back east rent a car and either see the central Niagara / Algonquin area OR the easternmost New Brunswick Nova Scotia part (8days)

It appears that plane tickets in Canada are not exactly dirt cheap and flying from Montreal is somewhat cheaper than from Quebec city (where I will be staying during my conference).

Gear prices - once you factor in Canadas taxes - are not much lower than back in Europe, so I think my GAS
(Gear acquisition syndrome) is cured for the moment...

Upvote 0
Totally agree about the price of flights in Canada. We have some of the highest airport taxes in the world.

When I lived in Vancouver it was much cheaper for me to drive to Seattle and fly Seattle Toronto, than it was to fly Vancouver Toronto. Haven't checked those prices recently, but I know its usually cheaper to fly from Buffalo to just about anywhere in the US than it is to fly from Toronto to the same destination. I now live about half way between Toronto and Buffalo and I always compare prices. The number of flights from Buffalo can be a problem for business trips, but the price is usually cheaper and always competitive.

Upvote 0