Three New PowerShot Cameras Coming Shortly

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>Three new PowerShot cameras will be announce for Photokina shortly, one will be the PowerShot G7 X, which will have a 1″ sensor and be about the size of an S series camera. The second will be the massive zoom range PowerShot SX 60 HS and the third will the PowerShot N2.</p>
<p>The should be arriving with the EOS 7D Mark II and new lenses on Monday.</p>
<p>Source: [<a href="http://digicame-info.com/2014/09/powershot-g7-x.html" target="_blank">DCI</a>]</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Canon Rumors said:
one will be the PowerShot G7 X, which will have a 1″ sensor and be about the size of an S series camera.
This one will be the most exciting new Canon product at the photokina.
(except for a no longer expected 100 - 400 L)
I wonder what lens it will have and what will be the price.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
EOS AE1 said:
Judged from the G1X II debacle the sensor will be underwhelming i guess.

Reviewers are going to have a field day comparing the G7X sensor to the RX100 M3 equivalent, also the 7D M2 sensor to any Sony 24 MP APS-C sensor.

If the sensors are comparable, and Canon is able to match the AF speed of the RX100 M3, I shall take a serious look at the G7X.

Upvote 0
E

EOS AE1

Woody said:
EOS AE1 said:

Reviewers are going to have a field day comparing the G7X sensor to the RX100 M3 equivalent, also the 7D M2 sensor to any Sony 24 MP APS-C sensor.

If the sensors are comparable, and Canon is able to match the AF speed of the RX100 M3, I shall take a serious look at the G7X.

If the sensor will be great im sure Canon will mess up the lens.
Slow or just not up to the task, bad borders etc.

Yes i am cynical. :-\

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
EOS AE1 said:
tayassu said:
I'm really looking forward to that G7X. Let's see how it competes with RX100III and LX100... ::)

The only things that keep me with Canon are my 14 lenses and 4 strobes. ???

What Debacle? I have one and its fine. What issues do you have with yours?

Upvote 0
Well, it cannot compete against the LX100 as the sensor in the G7X is too small.

Please Canon, DON'T pull another G1X II with a horrific sensor nor a S120 with a slow lens.

For it to be competitive, it needs to have a 1.8-2.8 lens or faster.

tayassu said:
I'm really looking forward to that G7X. Let's see how it competes with RX100III and LX100... ::)

Upvote 0