Video Review: Canon EOS 7D Mark II

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I just sat through about 20 minutes of it. He is very biased, and when he can muster any compliments they are all backhanded in nature. He makes a few points, but overall, it is like listening to nails on a chalkboard because he is so openly contemptuous.

sek

ritholtz said:
Maui5150 said:
canon1dxman said:
Every frame in focus.....hmmm

Give it to Tony Northrup and I am sure he could bugger up the settings and drop that down to 60%

He is pretty much doing it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpiZHZRDRbc

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
scottkinfw said:
I just sat through about 20 minutes of it. He is very biased, and when he can muster any compliments they are all backhanded in nature. He makes a few points, but overall, it is like listening to nails on a chalkboard because he is so openly contemptuous.

sek

ritholtz said:
Maui5150 said:
canon1dxman said:

Give it to Tony Northrup and I am sure he could bugger up the settings and drop that down to 60%

20mins wow impressive, I couldn't manage past 5 !! ;D

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
Destin said:
Review or infomercial?

It did feel like that, and some of the shots, I was surprised they weren't sharper... so maybe he was going with a slower shutter speed because he wanted to accentuate the motion,but it just looked dull... and I think he was using an 8-15 fisheye... so maybe that was it... but I think you kick up the iso... UNLESS THE HIGHER ISO PERFORMANCE IS BLAH!

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
scottkinfw said:

sek

ritholtz said:
Maui5150 said:
canon1dxman said:

You did better than me. I only lasted 4 minutes (and I want that time back!) and shut it when he started on the sensor (It has the same number of pixels and PDAF so it must be the 70D sensor). I was looking for a 70-200 2.8 comparison the other day and found his (skipped through a lot of the 23 minutes) in which he was equally contemptuous of Canon. 23 minutes of rambling review and he glosses over AF performance saying he can't test it. I wish I could find something positive to say about his reviews but...

Upvote 0
wookiee2cu said:
On paper the spec's look really impressive, if it ends up being as good as it looks I imagine it may take a few sales away from the 1DX. You could purchase 2 (1 for back up) and a very nice piece of glass for the amount of the 1DX. I know the 1DX has some more features and better weather sealing but I don't think that will matter to a lot of potential buyers; will be interesting to see what happens.
The 1DX and the 7dII are two whole different markets but I'm not taking anything away from the 7DII because it will attract more budget minded shooters. The jury is out on the high ISO results.

Upvote 0