Wait for R5... Mark 2?

As I tried to say in my opener, I didn' want to offend you, and I never thought about this to be hilarious.
But I really had to laugh, to be true. Because you didn't do your homework and that's a truth.

You don't even have the self-control to go one sentence after claiming to not find something hilarious to not immediately say you "had to laugh". Buddy, I get it, my question was funny to you, just own it. You clearly want to demonstrate that our difference in knowledge is funny to you, so at least have the self-confidence to own up to it. Saying "I didn't find it funny, it just made me laugh" is the most absurd half-hearted defense I've ever heard.

I apologize for hurting your feelings. Sorry for that!
My feelings remain largely unchanged, I'm not here to feel anything different, just trying to decide what to do with current preorder.

And I try to get back to rational arguments, as I did with the rest of my first post.

By your own admission, your very first point is something that was already corrected in the *very first response to my post*. There was zero value added from that, you just wanted to highlight my lack of "propper" (it's spelled with one "p" btw, not 2) research.

Your second point was to criticize that I had made a decision based on the low probability of an adapter vs. zero probability. This is such a bizarre nit-pick it boggles my mind -- it only strengthens my original concerns.

Your most actionable piece of advice was to start buying RF lenses right now, right away. OK, I'll get right on that.

So I hope that everything is settled here.
If not please let me know.

Let me show you how to write your original post in a way that doesn't require a big disclaimer at the top telling the person not to get offended:

"This might have already been covered, but I don't think you can rely on a 2 year release cycle, the 5D actually took almost 5 years. And your intuition is right, you can't rely on an EF-to-RF adapter (the flange distances are different so it's impossible), so your only real option is to get an R or continue waiting for an R5. I recommend keeping your R5 preorder because it'll be a brilliant tool for you, and worst case scenario I think it will have great resale value. It's win-win."

Notice how that one paragraph conveys only the meaningful information, possibly teaches something in the process, and does so without the need for a big disclaimer at the top about offending people, since it sticks to the product consideration and isn't focused on the person asking it? And as an extra bonus, by not criticizing the person, you also avoided misspelling a word repeatedly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
You don't even have the self-control to go one sentence after claiming to not find something hilarious to not immediately say you "had to laugh". Buddy, I get it, my question was funny to you, just own it. You clearly want to demonstrate that our difference in knowledge is funny to you, so at least have the self-confidence to own up to it. Saying "I didn't find it funny, it just made me laugh" is the most absurd half-hearted defense I've ever heard.

My feelings remain largely unchanged, I'm not here to feel anything different, just trying to decide what to do with current preorder.
I only feel sorry for someone who looks for mark 2 of something he has not even in hand. Again: Do your homework.

If my honest apologies are not good enough for you the pity is on you, not on me. I can live with that.

Be well, and continue to live in your own ignorance. I know my self control. Do you?

Upvote 0