What do you see?

I did not take any pictures of the setup. I use a Camera Axe it is an an Arduino based camera trigger with lots of options including a water valve. In these shots I used a piece of black lexan for the backdrop a blue and red gelled flash on opposite sides and a flash off camera. These were actually quite accidental, but that makes water drop shooting fun, no two are exactly alike. I don't use a completely dark room but dark enough for 2-3 second exposures, the flashes freeze everything ( use manual lowest setting ).

Upvote 0
what I was actually doing here was trying to maximize the height of the spout and increase the colliding drop size. I went to far and got more of a dribble for the second drop. I used a homemade piezo sensor to detect the first drop hitting the tank then varied the time till flash from there, I think these were like 200 milli second after first contact. The Camera axe makes this fairly easy and the piezo sensor makes it very repeatable. There is a lot of information on the Camera Axe forums. Oh and I was seeing about the same things as everyone else.

Upvote 0
niteclicks said:
what I was actually doing here was trying to maximize the height of the spout and increase the colliding drop size. I went to far and got more of a dribble for the second drop. I used a homemade piezo sensor to detect the first drop hitting the tank then varied the time till flash from there, I think these were like 200 milli second after first contact. The Camera axe makes this fairly easy and the piezo sensor makes it very repeatable. There is a lot of information on the Camera Axe forums. Oh and I was seeing about the same things as everyone else.
thank you for sharing) useful information for me)

Upvote 0