This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Canon Rumors
The first version of this lens is terrific, and for a while outperformed the 2.8 IS counterpart (other than light gathering ability).
Some points on the reported new lens.
- It will include a newer version of the Canon fluorine coating reducing light scatter within the lens.
- The new coating will drastically increase the scratch resistance on the front element.
- The lens will be fully metal, besides the zoom and focus rings.
- The image quality is supposed to be the best as far as Canon zooms go (like version 1 was).
- Mid January announcement.